Hikvision Dome/eyeball camera unable to login

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hello all ,

I have a Hikvision Dome Camera/eyeball camera which was working fine untill recently.

But the camera is not reponsive anymore. I know the Ip adress. When I directly want to login via my pc with the IP adress , nothing , the webbrowser does nothing.
The Hikvision config tool programm occasionally shows the camera , but not the whole time , maybe 20 seconds or so per 5 minutes.
I have isolated the camera and connected it directly to my PC (connected also with 12 V dc).
I can ping the Ip adress , and get a reply every time.
The Hikvision config tool programm still does the same , it occasionally shows briefly the camera.
When I enter the Ip adress in the webbrowser ...... nothing.

Anything I can still try , or is this camera toast?

Thanks,
Cor

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Model number?
I ask because it may have a reset button under the dome.

How difficult would it be to take the camera down and test on the bench with another cable?

While doing so you could also check the RJ-45 connection & pigtail for corrosion.

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@TonyR

There is no model number written on it unfortunately , I even didn't know if it was a Dahua or Hikvision. I only know that it briefly showed up on the Hikvision config tool. It could be that it is this model:
DS-2CD2332-I But not sure.

Cable , since I connected the cameras directly on my computer (next to me , as in , took the camera down) I also used another ethernet cable.
Same with POE vs 12Vdc , both are tried.

There are 3 screws , but but I don't see any reset option are jumper on the electronics.

Thanks,
Cornelis

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@TonyR

There is no model number written on it unfortunately , I even didn't know if it was a Dahua or Hikvision. I only know that it briefly showed up on the Hikvision config tool. It could be that it is this model:
DS-2CD2332-I But not sure.

Cable , since I connected the cameras directly on my computer (next to me , as in , took the camera down) I also used another ethernet cable.
Same with POE vs 12Vdc , both are tried.

There are 3 screws , but but I don't see any reset option are jumper on the electronics.

Thanks,
Cornelis