Hikvision Dome IR bleed help A Fix that worked for me

Reaction score
Wanted to share a fix I did on a 2CD2132 dome camera I have that had a significant IR bleed problem at night. I used this:

A 2mm thick adhesive eva foam I found on Amazon. I cut out a donut of this stuff the size of the foam around the camera lens and stuck it on there, it went from foggy at night to clear. Thought this might help someone else having this same issue with these cameras.

Here's a link:

https://www.amazon.com/American-Crafts-Bazzill-Basics-Adhesive/dp/B00XL8IYIS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466883332&sr=8-1&keywords=american+2mm+foam

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just out of interest. Can you put some pictures of it?

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

Reaction score
Just out of interest. Can you put some pictures of it?

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

Here ya go. I found that a US Quarter is the right size for the outer dimension and I found a small washer for the inner dimension.

The foam is self adhesive so I just lined it up and stuck it to the foam around the lens.

2016-06-25 16.10.54.jpg2016-06-25 16.12.31.jpg

Reaction score
Im having the same issue, is the new foam put ontop of the existing one or need to remove the old one first

Also it is put upto the shell cover

munkiep

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i once used this stuff for making gaskets for the tail lights on my vehicle... i found hammering steel pipes or tubes of various sizes would punch out perfect circles in the foam

wow, just realized how old this thread is