hikvision doorbell - enable photo capture in my feed

kojo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Community,

i have DS-KV8113-WME1(B) and KH9510 indoor station. everything is setup and running ok so far. the doorbell is also connected to hik connect.
when someone presses the doorbell my smartphone rings and the door station. so far so good.
i saw that it is possible that i also get a picture in my hik connect feed of the person who rings.
unfortunately i only get the time and that i have a missed call in my hik connect app.
pls see attached photos. how do i get picture in my feed too?

Attachments

Geson88

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Community,

i have DS-KV8113-WME1(B) and KH9510 indoor station. everything is setup and running ok so far. the doorbell is also connected to hik connect.
when someone presses the doorbell my smartphone rings and the door station. so far so good.
i saw that it is possible that i also get a picture in my hik connect feed of the person who rings.
unfortunately i only get the time and that i have a missed call in my hik connect app.
pls see attached photos. how do i get picture in my feed too?
[/QUOTE
Hi Kojo & community!

My name is Ulf, a Swede living in Luxembourg. I have followed this community for many years, trying to learn as much as possible about CCTV etc. And I must say that it is very interesting to read all comments in different toppics from so many helpfull and engaged members! This is a goldmine of knowledge! Thank you all!

I am currently trying to install excatly the same equipment as you! First I must say that I am very disappointed with this Hikvision "system" (and also their Alarm system!), I have a lot of problems like you! Hopefully together, and with some assistance from other kind forum members we could make this system working! Therefore I take the opportunity to share some experience and problems I have, f.ex. as follows:

1. My system works partly as follows: If somebody call the door station, we get their call with live view off the calling person in our mobile HiKConnetc app. We could also open the door. However we do not get the call in our KH9510 indoor station! (More about this later). We could not see any photos of the visitors LATER in the app. Is this what your problem are; or do you not get the "direct" live view at all? I do not know (since there are no information about this function!), but there is a Micro SD Card slot ("Reserved") in the Door station. Could it be that this should be used as a memory for the "visitor" views? Or alternatively, could it be that the Micro SD Card slot in the KH9510 indoor station could be used for this?

2. In regard of the KH9510 indoor station it is driving me crazy! I have managed to connect it to our Wi-Fi system, however it will not connect to our LAN, and it will not connect to the door station any longer! Originally it connected by Wi-Fi to the door station, but now it will not connect any longer, now it just says "Living view failed. (66048)" is the error message (see photo). I had a network engineer trying to analyze the system for some hours, but he had to give up as well FYI, his explanation/findings are as follows:

"The KH9510 can be reached on LAN internally, and responds to PINGS. However, when attempting to login to HIK-Connect via wired internet, it does not work, and the device could not authenticate (fail-message "Check network connection"). Using the same router but logging in via wi-fi is however successfull. What could be a possible reason for this? We tried to update the software via "system maintenance" but no upgrades are availabel (current version is V2.1.30 build 220402). We have also tried a factory reset."

Any ideas - all help is appreciated - thank you in advance!

IMG_8176.jpgIMG_8294.jpgIMG_8294.jpg

Attachments

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Its due to hik-connect update and hikvision policy. Same happened to liveview, it is limited to 5 min now. Its cheaper that way. Their cloud storage is available now perhaps wanting users to buy some aswell.