Hikvision DS-2385 turret cam - moisture in lens

Graeme.

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Home owner here with a new Hik cctv system. I've had moisture in a couple of my DS-2385 turret camera lens as winter draws in. One of them cleared on its own, the other didn't. I've taken it down to dry it out, but I was wondering if anyone has taken one of these to bits to clean the inside of the lens ?? Would it be relatively easy to do, or is it best left alone ??

Cheers,
Graeme.

Graeme.

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, it's under warranty, I just thought that if this is going to be a reoccurring theme it would be best just to start taking them apart and cleaning them out, rather than being without cameras while they're returned ??

Graeme.

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Can't find anything online about taking them apart, so will have to send them back :(

Last edited:

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also had same with many of those.Just let them hang, and it should be ok after 1 or 2 days. ( thats my experience )
There was moisture in the middle of lens.

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had the same problem with the varifocal version of this camera and it did not clear on its own. Mine came from China so I bit the bullet and disassembled it. Dried it up with hairdryer, replaced dessicant pack, and added silicone grease to gasket. Fixed.