Hikvision ds-2cd blue iris problem

Rdrumm

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 hikvision ds-2cd cameras that work fine on blue iris 4. They are configured on the same local net work as Blue iris with actual ip addresses -IE 192.168.15.245:89
I have added another ds-2cd that is not on my local network using the ip of the provider it is on- IE 207.244.21.190:91. It is properly port forwarded on that router and I can access it directly from a browser but blue iris keeps giving me an error 8000274c and will not connect. I think it is something to do with RTSP settings. Any ideas?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have 2 hikvision ds-2cd cameras that work fine on blue iris 4. They are configured on the same local net work as Blue iris with actual ip addresses -IE 192.168.15.245:89
I have added another ds-2cd that is not on my local network using the ip of the provider it is on- IE 207.244.21.190:91. It is properly port forwarded on that router and I can access it directly from a browser but blue iris keeps giving me an error 8000274c and will not connect. I think it is something to do with RTSP settings. Any ideas?
I am not recommending ANY port forwarding but you likely need to also forward port 554 for RTSP.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Port forwarding is safe if your port forwarding rules specify which addresses are allowed to connect to the camera, that way the entire internet doesn't have access. Some routers do not support this in their port forwarding schemes and therefore cannot be used safely.

Rdrumm

n3wb
Reaction score
I am not recommending ANY port forwarding but you likely need to also forward port 554 for RTSP.
I looked at router and rtsp is on but it doesn't specify port.
So just forward port 554 to the camera ip

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If a router has an "RTSP" feature (or "RSTP" feature, easily confused), then either way it is not related to RTSP streaming from an IP camera. As far as the router is concerned, the RTSP protocol used for streaming from an IP cam is just regular network traffic. Usually using the TCP protocol, but I believe RTSP can also operate using UDP.

Rdrumm

n3wb
Reaction score
If a router has an "RTSP" feature (or "RSTP" feature, easily confused), then either way it is not related to RTSP streaming from an IP camera. As far as the router is concerned, the RTSP protocol used for streaming from an IP cam is just regular network traffic. Usually using the TCP protocol, but I believe RTSP can also operate using UDP.
The crazy thing is I can use a browser enter the routers ip and port and get right to the camera but blue iris will not and keeps throwing that error 8000274c.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I looked at router and rtsp is on but it doesn't specify port.
So just forward port 554 to the camera ip
Yes.
The crazy thing is I can use a browser enter the routers ip and port and get right to the camera but blue iris will not and keeps throwing that error 8000274c.
That's because the cam's webGUI is accessed via HTTP port 80, Blue Iris wants a video RTSP stream.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
There are a lot of places in the setup process for what you are doing where a detail could be misunderstood or simply done incorrectly by accident. In my experience usually it is related to port numbers. The camera's web interface lets you configure the port number for RTSP. Blue Iris's IP camera configuration dialog has several places where port numbers can go. And finally the port forwarding rule in the router can optionally remap an external port to a different internal port (e.g. port 8554 could be mapped to 554). It is also possible if you have UPnP or NAT-PMP enabled in the router, that something else has already forwarded port 554 automatically and the router is failing to let you know about the conflict.

Without way more information, configuration screenshots, etc, we can't really know what is wrong.

If you share screenshots be sure to mask any public IP addresses that appear.

Rdrumm

n3wb
Reaction score
There are a lot of places in the setup process for what you are doing where a detail could be misunderstood or simply done incorrectly by accident. In my experience usually it is related to port numbers. The camera's web interface lets you configure the port number for RTSP. Blue Iris's IP camera configuration dialog has several places where port numbers can go. And finally the port forwarding rule in the router can optionally remap an external port to a different internal port (e.g. port 8554 could be mapped to 554). It is also possible if you have UPnP or NAT-PMP enabled in the router, that something else has already forwarded port 554 automatically and the router is failing to let you know about the conflict.

Without way more information, configuration screenshots, etc, we can't really know what is wrong.

If you share screenshots be sure to mask any public IP addresses that appear.
Thanks ill look at those settings and see if I can figure it out. One clue that might help is I have 2 more of those identical Hikvision cameras running on blue iris but they are on the same subnet as blue iris and they work fine by just entering the ip and port.