Hikvision DS-2CD1041-I

spynal

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Want to share my experience about this cam, bought on ebay.

First thing, that attracted my attention, that all sellers list that camera as "Original English Upgradable".
Second, that it has EXIR, that quite unusual for that small size.
Third, the price around 80-85 for 4MP, so i decided to give it a try.
Later, i noticed, that it doesn't support H.265, only H.264+, that's quite strange, as of now, it's looks like almost all Hikvision cam on ali\ebay has H.256 support.
Also, i didn't find that camera on any official Hikvision site, even on Chinese. I asked seller about it, and all he could say, that it has the latest firmware now(V5.4.5 build 170124), and if i will need a new none, i should contact him...well doesn't look legit for "Original English Upgradable":)
Ok, lets take a look.

4.EXIR leds are quite small

8.Day

9.Night

10. Video

So, what i can say..
While day image is quite good, night one is...well, it's not bad, but i dont like it. It's quite noisy and EXIR doesn't help much.
I didn't play with settings yet, but compared to DS-2CD3T45 that is actually the same price, this one is loose completely.
Also it was quite weird to find out that it doesn't have a single VCA feature, no cross line\intrusion detection, only motion detection.

To summarize:
-no H.265 support
-no VCA feature
-bad night image

So doesn't worth 85$, i think.

Any comments are welcome, especially if anyone also had this cam in use, thanks!

techip

n3wb
Reaction score
Great write-up / review. I think these are identical to LaView LV-PB3140WC 4MP IP bullet camera. I agree the night image quality is quite poor. I was quite surprised and disappointed the housing is 100% plastic.

equake

n3wb
Reaction score
hi @spynal! how do you open this camera? have to replace my lens and have no idea how to tear it down.

thanks in advance!