Hikvision DS 2CD2032-I no longer working...?

vimes

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have a spare camera that I have been trying to bring back into service. It is a DS 2CD2032-I type. It worked previously when I boxed it away for a few years, in the original packaging. On getting it out I powered it up with a 12v supply and connected it to a my LAN via a cable to a switch. The outer IR ring of lights came on. Went to a PC and using the SADP tool it would not detect it. So I took out the 12v supply and heled the reset button and powered it back up. I kept my finger on that reset button for over twenty seconds and then checked the SADP tool. It still doesn't pick up the additional device to the network.
I am not sure what the default IP address will be, my home LAN is in the 192.168.1.xxx range. I do not notice that the client list changes in my router page, but that might not mean much.
I did read a post to suggest that an IP to try could be 192.168.1.64, that doesn't work.
On the side of the camera it has written v5.16 firmware, I can't remember ever updating it. It was bought from a place to suggest that it is a hacked Chinese type.

I don't think that a direct connection to a laptop, via the ethernet port, is preferred over that of connecting the camera to the router or a switch, that is why I used a switch and then my router.

Any ideas to see if I can get this camera working.....?

Thanks

vimes

n3wb
Reaction score
WORKING......

Not sure what I did different but yet another reset and up it pops within the SADP tool...

IP 192.168.0.64

It has firmware revision of V5.2.5 build 14120 and as it is working it will be used tomorrow so that I can remove another Hikvision camera for a potential firmware upgrade, due to it being somewhat unstable.