HIKVISION DS-2CD2032 & similar - Installation query

ossey33

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking to install the above (or similar) IP POe camera, but I'm wondering if the external hole through the wall has to be so large! The attached connections on these cameras are either very bulky to fix internally (as the hole has to be so large to poke it back through), or you leave the cat5 connection exposed to the elements on the outside of the wall.
is this right or am I missing something.
Regards
Ian

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think a lot of folks around here are going to use a method that allows for the cables to be tucked into the wall or ceiling as you are talking about or use a junction box to house the cables in to avoid such a large hole in the exterior of the home.

Here is how I plan to mount my bullet cams soon thanks to @Lebeter.

You should check out all the installs people have posted in the General Talk > Installation Pics threads here on IP Cam Talk

Last edited by a moderator:

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hikvision has model specific junction boxes for the domes and turrets. I highly suggest you use them

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They may have something for the bullets also, but I usually just put them on a single gang box and bore a hole in the outside and fix the camera to the cover with sheet metal screws