Hikvision DS-2CD2032F Cannot Download Video Clip

Domer82

n3wb
Reaction score
Once I have motion-triggered video clips stored on my NAS, I can view them in the Playback window of IE, but when I click on the "Download recording" icon in the lower-right corner of the window, all I get is a momentary pop-up window that quickly disappears. No video clip is downloaded to my PC in the location I have specified in the Local Configuration tab. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What directory have you configured so the recordings get saved? Make sure it is a directory where IE has permissions; or make sure you run IE as administrator (right click IE shortcut, and choose "run as administrator").

Domer82

n3wb
Reaction score
For simplicity, I just tried to download to the "My Documents" folder. I also tried "Downloads" and my NAS folder, but it does the same thing for all of them.

Domer82

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, I just tried this from my office laptop and it worked, so the problem must have something to do with the IE settings on my home PC, but I'm at a loss for what it could be. I generally use Chrome so my IE configuration is pretty much the generic configuration that comes with Windows (although I have enabled the ActiveX stuff).

Also, the downloaded clip cannot be played with either WMP or QuickTime, even though it appears to be a standard MP4 file. Does anyone know what is needed to enable these downloaded video clips to be played with a standard MP4 player?

oldtechy

n3wb
Reaction score
... window of IE, .... No video clip is downloaded to my PC in the location I have specified in the Local Configuration tab. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Although I use the SDCard-storage, I recently experienced this issue after changing some IE10 security settings
suggest: Try to use Internet Explorer in "Administrator level" ;; this fixed prob. for me.
_ Also, Firefox did NOT exhibit this issue
note: you can modify the IE shortcut properties(advanced).
the downloaded clip cannot be played with either WMP or QuickTime, even though it appears to be a standard MP4 file. Does anyone know what is needed to enable these downloaded video clips to be played with a standard MP4 player?

WMP vers. 12.0.7601 works for my W7-Pro PC.
_ Also works : [VLC v. 2.2.1] & [MPC-HC 64-bit Vers. 1.7.10.40]

Domer82

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, I tried to run IE as an Administrator, but then the video clips won't play at all in the Playback tab of the camera's user interface. It just keeps displaying a message in the far right stating, "Playback failed" in red text. No explanation. If I close IE and run it normally, then the playback works, but I cannot download the clips.

I'm running IE 11 on Windows 10.

Domer82

n3wb
Reaction score
I just realized that I'm running IE 12 on Windows 10 at home, while my office laptop is running IE 11 on Windows 7. I went through each of the security settings and changed them all to match what I have on my office laptop (which works), but that didn't help. When I clock on the download video icon in the Playback tab, I just get a pop-up for a brief flash, then it disappears.

This is very frustrating.

oldtechy

n3wb
Reaction score
have U tried Firefox?

imo : those MS Windoze folks are doing some strange things ...
_ ( I decided to turn-off their auto-updates)

Domer82

n3wb
Reaction score
I just downloaded and tried it with FireFox, and everything seems to work - Video playback and video clip downloads. I guess I'll just have to stick with FireFox and VLC for this camera. Too bad Hikvision doesn't support standard browsers like Chrome and IE, and cannot seem to generate video files in a format that is supported by standard players like WMP and QuickTime.

oldtechy

n3wb
Reaction score
I just downloaded and tried it with FireFox, and everything seems to work - Video playback and video clip downloads. I guess I'll just have to stick with FireFox and VLC for this camera. Too bad Hikvision doesn't support standard browsers like Chrome and IE, and cannot seem to generate video files in a format that is supported by standard players like WMP and QuickTime.
Can't really blame camera makers when browsers get updated so frequently ,,,