HIKVision DS-2CD2032F-I IR Reflection

JWS7

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All
New to posting to this forum, but have found it to be an invaluable resource in the past. Thank you.
I've recently installed a 2032 bullet camera and I struggling with the IR. The camera is mounted high above a garage door and aimed down the driveway.

IMG_20151026_115954.jpg

Day time video is great, but night time is terrible.

2032night.jpg

I have tested the camera at my home and night video looks more than acceptable, so that makes it an environmental issue.
Both cars are white, have silver windscreen shades and the boat has a silver/grey cover. From what I have read here, I'm concluding that IR reflection is the problem, but hoping it isn't.
I'll be trying it with BLC set to Down, but I was hoping there was something else I could try. It would be difficult to add an illuminator, but not impossible. Changing the colour or position of the parked vehicles will not happen and removing the shades won't be a permanent solution.
Thank you for any suggestions.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
(IMO) All you need to do is to add a flood light (or decent IR illumination) positioned above the camera and I'm certain you will be thrilled with the result.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you have Smart IR enabled? Adding a light like Q2U suggested would greatly help.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you add light as I mentioned you can turn off the camera IR and run color at night...this is what I do with very acceptable results.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I reckon it's just the camera exposing for the bright vehicle and therefore under-exposing the rest. And yeah, different ways to combat this issue.

How does it look with the BLC set? you might wanna try all the options to see what works best.

The thing with the BLC is you would have to run the camera in scheduled switch mode so you can have the BLC only come on at night. Unless the setting also helps during the day.

JWS7

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. Will light above the camera not make it worse or does it average the exposure more across the lit area? Would a light or illuminator to one side a few meters away be better?
Any thoughts on the CNB MIR1000 illuminator?
Thanks

JWS7

n3wb
Reaction score
Set Smart IR On and BLC to Up. BLC on Right may be better.
It looks a lot better. Will do walk around test tonight.

mhblcup.png