Hikvision DS-2CD2032F-I With my DIY Junction Box and Conduit

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is how I did mine after heading down to my Local Home Depot, They didn't have the junction box I was looking for but I personally think this one worked out great

The tools I used

Junction box installed on the side of the Chimney

Making another trip to the hardware store to buy some tamper proof security screws

Last edited by a moderator:

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You really don't need tamper proof screws. If someone wants to mess with camera, they're just gonna wack the cam. Install looks good. Are you planning on sealing the hole?

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You really don't need tamper proof screws. If someone wants to mess with camera, they're just gonna wack the cam. Install looks good. Are you planning on sealing the hole?
Yeah I thought about that I went to orchard's and they didn't have any Tamper proof screws, Thinking about it I'm just gonna leave it like that, they will have to get a 8 foot ladder to get to it anyways. I haven't thought about covering the hole if I do what would you recommend?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You're hole seems pretty oversized for the size liquid tight used. You can either use expansion foam or caulking.

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Actually I tapped into a attic ventilation hole they look similar to this
o.jpg

I pushed one of the screens off and tapped into that. I'll go look at some expansion foam. Will the foam damage the Cat5e Cable?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You're welcome. Remember, it doesn't take much.

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Found out the hard way, lol I caught myself shaving the access foam off with a razor blade. But now the hole is patched