Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I is on sale at nelly's

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL probably. The big negative mark against it is that it is only a 2-axis dome, making it limited in its installation options. Also, due to the dome design it has increased chance of having IR bleeding issues compared to other models.

Most of Hikvision's other cams don't have those problems.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I ought to point out I suppose that Nelly was given an incorrect order on some 3 MP 2.8 mm turrets recently, some have gone for < $100 on Ebay shipped. If you go to ebay now and put in hikvision 3 mp and under advanced limited your search to US based you'll see one. Nelly is selling them on ebay because they aren't quite the same version of the ones they actually wanted with firmware they can load, but it seems the ones on Ebay are at least multi-language. I am not familiar with how that impacts their upgradeability. e.g. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hikvision-Exir-DS-2CD3332-I-3-MP-Weatherproof-Turret-Dome-IP-Camera-2-8mm-/251699608107?pt=US_Security_Cameras&hash=item3a9a773a2b No warranty past 30 days, though.

$109 for the 3 MP dome is a great price for US-based.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. No buy-it-now price, just an ordinary auction. I don't see that very often when it isn't an individual doing the selling.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The sale is over - their overstock is sold out. The camera is back up to $150.

Lebeter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They were selling for 104.00 with prime 2 day shipping on amazon about a week back. Competitive with alibaba, less risk, and faster shipping. Will wait till they come down again. they had the previous versions firmware with multi-language but i was able to update the firmware no problem. would like to see the dahua 4300s drop on amazon to more competitive pricing with aliexpress

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They were selling for 104.00 with prime 2 day shipping on amazon about a week back. Competitive with alibaba, less risk, and faster shipping. Will wait till they come down again. they had the previous versions firmware with multi-language but i was able to update the firmware no problem. would like to see the dahua 4300s drop on amazon to more competitive pricing with aliexpress
I really do prefer US bought. It's not that I don't trust China as much when it comes to a well reviewed-seller; I expect to get my item and can refute with my credit card if I don't. It's that I don't tolerate malaise. This "2-3 weeks" stuff just doesn't fly with me. When I order anything I expect it in the mail inside of 24 hours. Pretty much every retailer in the US meets that expectation now. Whenever I sell on ebay/amazon I always put in my listing I guarantee it will be shipped within one business day. Just no excuse to wait, but it seems Chinese companies are not quite on that same page.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It's not so much that "Chinese companies are not quite on that same page" but that the economy shipping facilities for international destinations are slow. Plus there is the customs delay imposed at the destination.
I've bought a fair bit of kit from Aliexpress where the sellers have often shipped the same day. Then it's down to the delivery organisations in terms of timing.
It's usually possible to use courier, at extra cost, if you're in a hurry.
Last week my delivery of a Hikvision NVR was via TNT and arrived very quickly after ordering.
And Aliexpress operate an escrow system so you're pretty safe if you have a problem with the item.

On pricing - last week I ordered a Hikvision 2CD2032 and 2CD2132 off Aliexpress for the total price of $125 including shipping. I'm willing to wait a couple of weeks to get that pricing!

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The Domes on Ebay are 3332-I (Chinese Version with installed USA firmware). Not 2332 (USA Camera)

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Depends, Wrightwood Surveillance sells English 3332, not with hacked English firmware and I can get Chinese 2332.