Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I Night Mode IR issues

Spudz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello. I setup 2 of the above 3MP dome cameras with 4mm lenses at a friends house and they work great in the daytime with a nice sharp image as you can see in the photos attached but the night time images are useless. All kinds of spots and can barely make out anything. Due to this he is not at all happy with them. These are at his cottage. At his house he has a grandstream bullet camera and the IR at night is no comparison. So much better on the grandstream cam. Does anyone have any idea what we did wrong?

Attachments

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It would be helpful if you posted a pic from the ground looking up at the camera. I'm suspecting that you mounted it in a way that your getting a lot of IR reflecting off of something back onto the dome. Also, it looks like the dome is dirty. Try wiping the inside and outside of the dome.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
This is IR reflection because the dome was not seated properly and the foam ring is not properly compressed allowing IR into the lens inside the dome. Also note image 13 has some strong IR on the side of the house that may be causing a little issue as well, but primarily this is caused by an improper seal around the lens.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello. I setup 2 of the above 3MP dome cameras with 4mm lenses at a friends house and they work great in the daytime with a nice sharp image as you can see in the photos attached but the night time images are useless. All kinds of spots and can barely make out anything. Due to this he is not at all happy with them. These are at his cottage. At his house he has a grandstream bullet camera and the IR at night is no comparison. So much better on the grandstream cam. Does anyone have any idea what we did wrong?
Here ya go, what I was speaking of above.
http://www.hikvision.com/ueditor/net/upload/2015-06-10/99361bb6-27d5-482a-aaf3-2cdc32f835d1.pdf

Also note, that it is normally better to use turrets outside because they provide better, more even IR coverage. Don't get me wrong, I have used and still do use domes outside but in a lot of cases Turrets fit the build requirements better.

You also need to consider turning on and dialing in WDR. You have some LARGE dark shadows that would cause a serious ID problem if someone arrived during that time. WDR should brighten and clear that up.