Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I Not Working

dmarsh1989

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

We purchased a house in December 2015 and the previous owners graciously left two Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I IP outdoor cameras. I purchased a POE injector and am working on getting the cameras set up. One of them set up with no problems and I can view the image from an app and web browser just fine.

The other one, however, is not working right. It will show up on the SADP tool for a few minutes, but then disappears every time I hit refresh and will come back several minutes later. During the few minutes that it does show up, I attempt to change the IP address, and it just gives me an error message. I've tried talking to Hikvision and they remote access into my PC, and they aren't any help.

The previous owner has a Cat 6 cable run to it. We tried taking the camera down and hooking it up to a different Cat 6 cable, but it still did the same thing, so it's not a bad cable. Additionally, the red light is always on, so it is getting power from the POE.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?

Thanks in advance!

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Possible the PoE injector for that camera is defective. Did you try using the injector from the working camera?

dmarsh1989

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, we plugged the nonworking camera into all of the POE ports (there are 8 on this injector) and it did the same thing each time.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When u have it up, try and access the camera directly thru a web browser and see what the firmware is. You might always wanna try to restore it to default to see if that helps. Otherwise I may be defective

dmarsh1989

n3wb
Reaction score
It doesn't work thru the web browser either. Do you know how to restore it by chance? I couldn't find a reset button on the camera itself.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You'd have to reset it to defaults via the web browser. Sorry I'm outta suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The camera is possibly stuck in an endless reboot loop? Try to ping -t the troublesome camera and see if the ip connection to the camera is stable, or intermittent.