Hikvision DS-2CD2135F-IS running V5.3.3 build 150803

bcr4977

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm just now getting into these and picked up one from Amazon. I thought I would share what I've learned from this particular model since I didn't anything posted about this particular model.

I don't think this is a US retail camera. It came in a brown box with a white label covering the Chinese label on the side. It is loaded with an English UI and has minimal documentation in English.

Default IP was 192.168.1.64. The default username/password was admin/123456789abc.

I noticed some odd things about the NFS/CIFS configuration. I could not format the storage using the root folder of the network share in either CIFS or NFS. It would say completed, but the storage status never updated to normal. I had to create a folder and specify it in the configuration for it to format correctly. It is currently setup to use a 750GB CIFS volume. I've read some had issues with volumes exceeding 250GB, but I didn't have any such issues.

Right now I'm just playing with the camera learning the configuration and behavior. Eventually it will be deployed outside of my personal residence.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is no US retail 2**5/3**5

NFS/CIFS problems are likely the common problems all Hikvision cameras have relating to the server partition holding the share not being completely available to that share (and space used by anything else)

bcr4977

n3wb
Reaction score
The issue with NFS/CIFS was always tested on a dedicated disk partitioned into simple volumes. I deleted and recreated the volume at different sizes thinking it was a size issue. It's not something unique to my configuration, I read the solution somewhere else online. Just create a folder in the root of your network share and specify the network share name and folder in your storage configuration. I also had to proceed the network share (called File Path in UI) with a slash to get it to work.