HIKVISION DS-2CD2141G1-IDW1 IP camera problems

Stefan9

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello to forum,

I have HIKVISION DS-2CD2141G1-IDW1 IP camera. I want to install it in my home, and can't make it work as it should.
I already have two old low-res IP cameras that work normally, and I bought this because I want camera with higher resolution.
I want this camera:
to record on SD card 24h,
to upload to cloud,
to monitor over the phone on Hikconnect, so far I only managed to work in Hikconnect.

In my home network I have Techicolor modem/router that I got from my ISP (that I cannot replace), these router has very weak Wifi signal , so I attached to it wifi router xiaomi ax3600, and I attached Hikvision camera to xiaomi router. Network is connected to internet and it works OK.

So, problems started from the beginning, because camera was already activated from the factory and I couldn't even log into it. After I reset and set my password I was able to enter in SADP and I enabled DHCP and Hikconnect. But later on, I cannon find camera in SADP anymore.

I installed Hikconnect app on android, I added camera and I can monitor it. But, camera is still connected on LAN cable, even it is WiFi camera, as soon as I disconnect LAN in doesnt work on WiFi and it goes offline in Hikconnect. So, I haven't yet find an option to set it to work via WiFi. I expected it will work as my other two camera work on WiFi out of the box.

I also installed iVMS-4200 3.5.0.7 Client, and it show camera status as online, but when I try to open camera setting it doesn't work, as it shown on screenshot. What can be a problem?
h_1.png

If there is any other detail you need to know about my setup please let me know.

Last edited:

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What firmware is on your camera? If 5.5.98 or later, there is no Hik-connect support over wifi.

Do not try to find an explanation on why they remove Cloud support over wifi, on a wifi camera... It just doesn't make any sense.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sure? Check again, that doesn't seem to be a E3 series firmware.

But if Hik-connect works when wired, and doesn't work over wifi, that is your answer.

Stefan9

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, that is version I see in Hikconnect. I didn't do any updates.

Thanks, do you know why I cannot open settings to this camera in iVMS-4200 3.5.0.7 Client, or in SADP? I can't change any settings.

Also I dont know is SD card works properly, as it keeps on showing it needs to be initialized, after I initialize it, on the card I found hundreds of files that are created on the same date and time. They have .mp4 extension and all keep that same exact date after couple of days recording, is this normal? Files are compressed with H264, not H.265+ but this camera support H.265. Where can I find settings for video compression? I couldn't find it in Hikconnect?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Add the camera locally on iVMS-4200 by IP, not by cloud/Hik-connect. There you will also see easily the firmware version.

On the same page you posted the screenshot, just use "Online device" to find the devices that are on your local network.

Stefan9

n3wb
Reaction score
I connected to the same router now, and I can see it in online device, however I can only go into network settings. I dont have option to go into device settings to change storage settings or video encoder settings for example...

Firmware is V5.5.88build 200317

From Hikvision support they told me to access web GUI or local GUI? I s that mean to open IP in browser? I tried to go to IP address both in MS edge and Firefox, but I got:
"Access Error: 404 -- Not Found
Can't locate document: /notSupported.asp"

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try with Internet Explorer.

I have no idea what firmware you are running. I have used 5.5.92 build 190227 which DID support Hik-connect over wi-fi, and 5.5.98 build 200420 which did NOT support it.

Yours would be an older firmware version, but with a newer build date. On Hikvision portal I see a V5.5.88build 200317, but it is for G0 series camera, and if I am not wrong DS-2CD2141G1-IDW1 is a E3 series.

Stefan9

n3wb
Reaction score
I opened it in Internet Explorer. I will see what settings will work, so far I installed SD card and change encoding to H265. Email settings dont work as it refused to save settings. It's a mess.

Stefan9

n3wb
Reaction score
How to set this camera to send email? I tried, whatever I enter in settings it refuse to save "Device error". Is there any fix for this?
In the same time I did saved storage settings using same browser.

Edit: another message I got is "Network abnormal"

2021-09-11_075925.png

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
look online for proper configuration for gmail but most of it is

port is 587
encryption is tls
you need to check startttls when it show up
by memory you need to go in your gmail setting and enable something to allow smtp connection (google will warn that this is a security risk)

maybe i'm missing something but like i said, google that one up for more information