Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-I no onvif option in menu

nl635

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to add this camera to dahua NVR. In order to do that I have to enable onvif option

According to the manuals onvif option should be under integration protocol tab.

Problem is that whole"integration protocol" tab under network advanced settings is missing.

Camera model and firmware version should be visible on screen. Missing tab should be on second screen.

Any idea what should I do now? I do not like the idea of changing all cameras for dahua ones.

Attachments

nl635

n3wb
Reaction score
I have upgraded it(I had to do it throught internet explorer...), but even then its not working.

I did everything according to this manual, but as soon as I try to connect NVR to the camera, camera will freeze. It will simply dissapear from network. After few minutes it will reboot and show up again for a moment(usually only with black screen) and freeze again.

I gave up. I spent good 5 hours trying to solve that. Now I have two NVRs. One from dahua and one from hikvision.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
After upgrading have you factory restore it? It is a must.

If you did, ah well. Its either you camera giving as as its circa 2016 or some conflict happening between onvif versions.

nl635

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I did, multiple times. And its the same on the 5 pieces. I even tried different FW versions. I will probably change them for dahua ones and use this ones elsewhere with hikvision NVR.

nl635

n3wb
Reaction score
Its brand new NVR4232-4KS2/L so it should. Good Idea. Maybe I will play with it.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Onvif is enabled with this firmware by default, later with new firmware, they added the option to enable onvif / create onvif user etc.
but with the old version with youhave, its just enabled. the user is admin, and passw should be the camera password.
I would strongly recommed to upgrade, of you could be hacked with that fw,