Hikvision DS-2CD2155FWD-I line cross testing help

xbmcnut

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey there,

I've got two new HIK cameras, a DS-2CD2155FWD-I with V5.5.0 build 170725 and a DS-2CD2143G0-I with V5.5.5 build 180301. I've configured a third half image detection zone below for the DS-2CD2155FWD-I and a similar zone on the G0.

For the life of me, I cannot get the zone to change color (detect) no matter what the sensitivity or threshold (0, 1, 2).

Am I missing something? I've watched all the YT videos on how to set it up and it's not rocket science so bit puzzled as to why I don't see the zone change color. Viewing direct through IE and I have no NVR. Hoping to get these events into Home Assistant but of course, they need to trigger first!

upload_2019-4-25_16-54-55.png

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In IE11, login to the camera. In Configuration>Local make sure Rules is enabled.
upload_2019-4-25_19-56-19.png

That will enable the tracking boxes in live view.

I recommend you update the DS-2CD2155FWD-I firmware too. You can find the latest version here:
DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

There are several improvements in the latest firmware including detection accuracy and a focal correction for the G1 platform. It also contains the latest version of WebComponents.exe

Keep us posted.

xbmcnut

n3wb
Reaction score
In IE11, login to the camera. In Configuration>Local make sure Rules is enabled.
View attachment 41810

That will enable the tracking boxes in live view.

I recommend you update the DS-2CD2155FWD-I firmware too. You can find the latest version here:
DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

There are several improvements in the latest firmware including detection accuracy and a focal correction for the G1 platform. It also contains the latest version of WebComponents.exe

Keep us posted.
Your Sir are a legend! Thank you. There are so many 'hidden' boxes that I'm getting used to coming over from Dahua. Live preview working now and firmware updated. Awesome!