HIKVISION DS-2CD2335-I on DS-7616NI-E2/8P - Camera on PoE port 1 locking

jmidd671

n3wb
Reaction score
So here is my situation. I installed a 6 camera system, using all 2.8mm HikVision ds-2cd2335-i turret camera's. The cams all use V5.3.3 firmware.
I am using a HikVision NVR, model: DS-7616NI-E2/8P

The camera's dont have a physical reset button... even opened it to check inside housing.

I setup to use PoE port 1-6, leaving 7 and 8 open.

After it was all installed, I went to another location to do remote setup.
In the midst of the software installation, the camera on PoE port 1 disappeared. The last thing I did was click manual setup on the camera configuration of the camera. I changed the camera to manual instead of plug and play. I didnt modify any other setting.

The camera disappeared after changing that setting. I couldn't locate it anymore and changing poe port ch.1 back to plug and play did nothing.

So I had to run back down to the install site where the cameras and NVR are physically at. I tried connecting to it and nothing. It wouldnt see it. So i grabbed my laptop and connected direct to that camera, found it using SADP. The IP is accessible, but now I cannot get into the camera. It wont connect to the NVR, but the NVR and SADP can both see it. I can even hit it on WEB GUI, through my browser. I set my PC IP to match the IP on the NVR DHCP.

I couldnt unlock it, so I decided to just change that camera. I moved another working camera onto that line, from poe port 4 to 1. I then put a new camera into poe port 4, becuase i only had 4mm left, and needed a 2.8mm on POE port 1.

The camera which was working on poe port 1 , now wont view and I cant see it. The new cam that went onto port 4 is working fine.
I tried to access the cam again, no luck.

Tried to change the cam again, and it locked up.

I tried pluggin it into port 7 and 8 and it still wont connect. it gives bad password error, and occasionally, abnormal network.

Can someone please help.
HIKVISION is taking forever and I need to finish this job. Please, i am already getting desperate and may need to buy a whole new NVR and 6 cams to replace this thing. Thanks in advance.

tn6478

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Seem like u need to activate the cam

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk