Hikvision DS-2CD2335FWD-I 3 MP 2.8mm vs 4mm.

JKLman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I got one of each camera from same ali seller.
The DS-2CD2335FWD-I 3 MP with 2.8 lens and the second with 4mm lens.
The cameras are about 4 inches apart and behinde a window for now.

I have attached two pictures and of course you can see the difference in lens angle. But what is catching my eye is that the 2.8mm camera gives more details compared to the more smoothed image of the 4mm camera. All settings are the same. They are both good images it is just that the 2.8 seems to be more detailed. Also the 2.8 camera seems to be a little better in low light. But isnt it always that lower mm in lens gives better light input?
I guess this is something that would never been found if looking at one camera at the time.Hik1 2.8mm.jpg Hik3 4mm.jpg

fvhjof

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The reason is not in 2.8mm or 4mm. You need to fix unfocused camera and manually focus its lens. There is manual on this forum. Make some search.

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The 4mm does seem to be out of focus. I've got 4mm and 6mm versions- the 4mm cameras appear a lot better even after refocusing the single 6mm. I don't know what the lens quality is like, but it doesn't seem so good. :(

I've got two of the Hik 3MP low light varifocals DS-2CD2H35FWD-IZS and the picture quality is a lot better but you certainly pay for it. Dahua offers better value for money with their Starlight varifocals.

Last edited: