Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I Email Attachments Not Working

SandyM

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm new to setting to a Hikvision system for home - after a few weeks of tinkering it's not that straightforward! I have an NVR and an IP Camera (DS-2CD2342WD-I). After lots of tinkering I've disabled the NVR and have the camera connected directly to the network. I plan to get this up and running in the way I want it before introducing the NVR bak into the system.

The main reason I've done this is the discovery that email attachments from the NVR are very low resolution whereas those from the camera are far better. If only I could get them working consistently!

I've got motion detection working and correctly sending email notifications. That means the email config, network config etc. should be correct.

BUT when I tick the box to say 'Send Attachments' everything stops! No other changes - just ticking that one option.

The camera is firmware V5.4.1 build 160525

Any ideas how I can get the email images working?

My impression so far is that the software is ver temperamental - I get things working make a change and something breaks, go back to as it was before and it is still broken! I will persist till I get this working as I want it to but getting frustrated!

tn6478

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ah I had that problem too but my fix was turn email sending on the camera. It works for the first 5 minutes then stop. I go to the nvr and trigger the email setting on the camera in the nvr. Not the sending email itself the nvr send but the camera event function on what it does when and event is trigger under linkage action and check send email therr.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

SandyM

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'm finding the firmware/software very flakey. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't! I turned attachments off yesterday evening and confirmed that I was then receiving emails with our the attachment. Then turned it on again and started receiving emails with attachments! I've also learn't that sometimes rebooting the camera after making a change can be helpful. This morning I had 700 emails with attachments waiting for me! I guess I just need to keep persisting until I find settings that work for me.

bike_rider

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
700 emails "stuck" sounds like a network or routing problem - something was holding those ready to go. i doubt that the camera would hold them until it could deliver them, so I'd guess that the problem was at the ISP. Check the routing history of the messages to see when they passed through each mailbox on the way to you. I can't tell you how to do that without knowing what mail client you use.

SandyM

n3wb
Reaction score
The 700 emails were all waiting in my inbox this morning and had been delivered correctly overnight. So I know the camera is correctly sending them and they are being correctly received.

However I spoke too soon. I altered the sensitivity this morning to cut down the false alarms, saved the new setting, rebooted the camera making no other changes. Now I'm not receiving any emails at all despite getting motion alerts in the iVMS-4500 app which I've got set up. Hmmm ...

Seems like the Hikvision firmware/software is VERY temperamental!

Reaction score
I have a DS-2CD2142FWD and I have been experiencing this same issue. I don't have an NVR involved as I record to an sd card in the camera. I have firmware 5.4.0 build 160401 and have been pulling my hair out trying to get this camera to send emails for intrusion detection. I have tried two different email smtp servers, both will send a test email every time you click the button. I will get ONE email for intrusion detection with attachments after a reboot of the camera then nothing after that. I have upnp disabled. Another very buggy firmware from Hikvision. I have a DS-2CD2532F that has the same firmware and it works like a charm. Ideas?

Henrik4223

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the EXACT same problem.

I get ok when sending test mail (every time) and ok when sending notifications without pictures. BUT, when I tick "Attach pictures" it gets totally random. Sometimes it sends the mail wit the picture and sometimes it doesn't. Usually it sends the pictures a few times when restarting the camera but then it stops again. It is WERY anoying as this feature is very important!

I am running V5.4.1 build 160525 on the DS-2CD2142FWD-I.

Has anyone send this bug to HIKVISION? or found a workaround?

Reaction score
5.4.0 160401 is the firmware I'm having trouble with getting the emails to work. On 5.3.8 they worked fine.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jackr123

n3wb
Reaction score
Ive finally got my working. Doesnt seem to work on 4mp setting but go any lower and works!

Nmagriplis

n3wb
Reaction score
Ive finally got my working. Doesnt seem to work on 4mp setting but go any lower and works!
i had briefly mucked around in the image settings and reduced the quality where i then started to receive the attachments in the emails detected through line cross detection. 3 x images were sent via my email browser and all was good until I pumped my settings up again and the attachments stopped sending - it is now merely the email notification with no attachments. ill have to go back into IVMS & reduce the quality as its really handy to have the attachments on the notification emails vs going into the mobile app/NVM and playing back the footage.