Hikvision DS-2CD2345-I hacked chinese firmware - can I change the admin password?

LordMuz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new here, so please be nice if this is a totally stupid question.

I have recently bought a Hikvision 2CD2345-I camera with firmware hacked from Chinese to English. The camera works fine, and I can login with admin and the default password supplied (12345xxx).

I would like to change the admin password, just for security to something less obvious. Can I do this safely, (I assume in the "system -> user management" section) or will changing the password screw something up? I don't want to end up getting locked out of the camera. The firmware is v5.3.6 build 151029 if that is important at all.

Thanks!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Changing the password should be fine but changing the firmware is a big no-no unless you want to use it as a brick.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes change the password no problems. Just leave the firmware itself alone though short of TFTP you won't be able to change it anyway even if you tried.

LordMuz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I have now changed the admin password on the camera and i'm happy it's not the "default" anymore! I appreciate your replies putting my mind to rest. Don't worry I will leave the firmware alone!