Hikvision DS-2CD2355FWD-I or DS-2CD2385FWD-I

Matrix1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I’m currently running a Hikvision DS-7616NI-I2/16P at my home. I'm looking to upgrade my 4mp first generation (2.8mm) for the front door and side of my home. What are your thoughts on these two new turrets by Hikvision. I’m undecided on DS-2CD2355FWD-I (5mp) or DS-2CD2385FWD-I ( 8mp) and would like to upgrade.

fvhjof

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Go with 2385. I have both and 2385 has better image quality in day and in night mode. 2355 night picture is awfull

Matrix1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you, what mm do you have ? I understand a few have bad reviews. I was thinking of a 6 or 12.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I noticed that the 2385 comes with the 1/2.5 sensor which is a little better than the other low light cameras. They have the 1/2.8 sensor. So maybe the night images are ok even with the 8mp.

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Given the price difference is $10-20 more for the 8 vs 5, I'd just go with the 8 myself. I have an 8 and the picture quality is decent at night.

Jamil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes for some reason the 8MP seems to perform much better than the 5mp.

Regards

samys

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the 2355 and the picture, day and night is awfull, changed settings and all, just waiting for the confirmation to send back, but I am afraid of trying another Hikvision, thinking of 2385, because I compare it with a way cheaper reolink which is great for the price. Should I chance a 2385? Can't really find samples.

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Should I chance a 2385? Can't really find samples.
if you look here in this Forum you can find several threads with sample images from the 2385. there is one thread where I posted sample images both day and night from the one that I have.

I find its performance adequate for my needs.

In my limited time in this Forum, I have found that discussions about IP camera brands is much like having a discussion about computer operating systems. Everyone believes their vendor is the best, and everybody else sucks.

The only way you were going to know if a particular camera really suit your needs, to your level of satisfaction, is to purchase one and give it a try.

Attachments

Last edited:

pheewee

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2385 with a 4mm lens. Really happy with both the day and night performance.
I purchased mine from here http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/vF6uj6y Paid $154.00 usd delivered.
I've upgraded the firmware to the latest version with no problem.
I will be buying another next week for a friends place.
Hi. I have some questions for you here:
- I heard a lot about buying the cameras from China would not be covered under manufacturer's warranty, problem with firmware, Chinese language, etc. What do you think about all of these?
- Do you have any problem with your cameras buying from Aliexpress at all?
- Is buying from Aliexpress safe?
- Is it going to be extremely difficult to set up?
Sorry I am new in this whole surveillance cameras thing so I have a lot of questions. Hopefully that you could be able to answer them. Thank you.

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
1. Aliexpress vendor xinray sells original English version World region cameras (xxWR serial number) so they are firmware updateable. There is no manufacturer's warranty, but that is true of virtually every vendor you purchase a camera from at a discounted price, including Amazon, because Hikvision will only provide a warranty if you buy from an authorized distributor at exorbitantly inflated prices. However purchasing off AliExpress is similar to purchasing off eBay, there is a Buyer's Protection Program to ensure that you get what you ordered, and your items arrive in an acceptable, working order.

2. No

3. Yes

4. No

Last edited:

pheewee

n3wb
Reaction score
1. Aliexpress vendor xinray sells original English version World region cameras (xxWR serial number) so they are firmware updateable. There is no manufacturer's warranty, but that is true of virtually every vendor you purchase a camera from at a discounted price, including Amazon, because Hikvision will only provide a warranty if you buy from an authorized distributor at exorbitantly inflated prices. However purchasing off AliExpress is similar to purchasing off eBay, there is a Buyer's Protection Program to ensure that you get what you ordered, and your items arrive in an acceptable, working order.

2. No

3. Yes

4. No
Thank you so much for your quick response.

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Link to Xinray Upgradeable and English Hikvision equipment page: http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/vjMNnUz

Be very careful if you are looking elsewhere on Aliexpress as there are lots of Chinese cameras (can also be know as multi language) that have modified firmware.

With a China region camera or NVR, you may also find the Hik-Connect (Hikvisions remote camera access solution) service may not work.

The main things to make sure of are:
1) The equipment you are looking at has both upgradeable firmware and is English.
2) That you buy from a supplier that has been trading a Aliexpress for a few years with high number of sales.
3) The trader has a good feed back rating.
Good luck.

pheewee

n3wb
Reaction score
Link to Xinray Upgradeable and English Hikvision equipment page: http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/vjMNnUz

Be very careful if you are looking elsewhere on Aliexpress as there are lots of Chinese cameras (can also be know as multi language) that have modified firmware.

With a China region camera or NVR, you may also find the Hik-Connect (Hikvisions remote camera access solution) service may not work.

1) The equipment you are looking at has both upgradeable firmware and is English.
2) That you buy from a supplier that has been trading a Aliexpress for a few years with high number of sales.
Good luck.
Thank you so much for the info and tips.

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a 2385 and have a few at clients homes and they are amazing. Far better than the 4mp. Even at night.

Here is me doing a test at night. Remember to up the res to UHD.

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a 2385 and have a few at clients homes and they are amazing. Far better than the 4mp. Even at night.

Here is me doing a test at night. Remember to up the res to UHD.

Thanks for posting the video. I have been really inpressed with my 2385 too.

Funkyduck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Good luck.
I have contact with another Chinese seller on Aliexpress and I ordered this:
DS-2CD2345FWD-I
US $110.4 20% OFF|HIKVISION Darkfighter PoE IP Camera outdoor DS 2CD2345FWD I 4MP IR Turret Video Surveillance Security Camera H.265 IR 30m-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Seller says: “
Series number start with Cxxx
It`s also International verison camera with firmware support upgrade”

Can this be alright?