Hikvision DS-2CD2385FWD-I (8MP Turret)

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay, sounds like you have it worked out - the NVR will over-ride some settings that you may enter via the IPC's web server, something to keep in mind.

Have you tried talking to LTS about the issue?

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Okay, sounds like you have it worked out - the NVR will over-ride some settings that you may enter via the IPC's web server, something to keep in mind.

Have you tried talking to LTS about the issue?
I take the nvr out. Connected with poe, same shit happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The following may (or may not) help in relation to Hik cameras on a Hik NVR:

I've found any of the "Video" settings (eg. bit rate values, quality, resolution, fixed/ constant bit rate, H264/265 settings etc) will be over ridden by the NVR if you attempt to directly set them on the camera via the web based GUI. It will appear to have worked via the web GUI (i.e. the page displays "Settings Saved"), but if you go to another GUI tab and then return you'll find the values have reverted back to the previous settings. The only way to get them to "stick" is to do it via the NVR (under Record - Parameters .... from memory.) Image settings can be done on either- noting the camera web GUI has many additional settings not accessible on the NVR.

(With a ONVIF camera on a Hik NVR I've found the "Video" settings displayed to be incorrect eg. the wrong resolution might be displayed. Everything with ONVIF needs to be set on the camera's web GUI.)

*That's what I've found with my 7608 NVR.*

PS: I've also come unstuck using the web GUI on my notebook as on some pages there is a "Save" button which is often off the bottom of the screen. Some settings pages auto-save as soon as you change a setting (eg. "Image" settings IIRC); whereas, for example, the "Video" settings page requires you to press a "Save" button at the bottom of the page.

Last edited:

Zoperd

n3wb
Reaction score
I read that the new Easy IP 3.0 turrets are the first turrets to come with a reset button. Apparently there has been some instances where the reset button has been stuck down, so when you power cycle the camera the settings revert to the defaults.

Can you check that the button isn't somehow stuck pressed down? It would explain your issues.

chris_gla

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the 2385, was resetting on power down when out of box.

Reset button is inside SD card cover, there's a rubber gasket on the cover that I suspect was pressing button. Takes some care to seat the gasket properly, but this done settings are now retained on power down.

Night vision does seem better vs hikvision ds-2cd2342wd-i 4mp with same 2.8mm lens, street lighting around 30-40m away with lens aimed to avoid flares. I'll try to get some time to pull identical images.

Day vision definitely seems to work to lower lux On the 8mp, considering trying some LED tape lighting to see how much I need to keep the area lit although suspect it may need too much.

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have the 2385, was resetting on power down when out of box.

Reset button is inside SD card cover, there's a rubber gasket on the cover that I suspect was pressing button. Takes some care to seat the gasket properly, but this done settings are now retained on power down.

Night vision does seem better vs hikvision ds-2cd2342wd-i 4mp with same 2.8mm lens, street lighting around 30-40m away with lens aimed to avoid flares. I'll try to get some time to pull identical images.

Day vision definitely seems to work to lower lux On the 8mp, considering trying some LED tape lighting to see how much I need to keep the area lit although suspect it may need too much.
Yep..i supplier told me take out the cover and put it back. all good now.