HikVision DS-2CD2387G2-LU frequently rebooting itself (bug?)

butako3

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello folks,

I have a new DS-2CD2387G2-LU (firmware V5.7.3 build 220112), and several times per day the camera reboots itself (evidence of this is in the uptime of the diag command from the SSH shell, and the NVR detects a disconnect of about 1 minute).

Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this, please? Do others have the same problem?

Is there any way I can get debug logging, syslog or other such diagnostics off the camera?

I have poured over the commands in the SSH interface but have been unable to spot anything that could suggest a reason. I can only conclude it is either a bug in the camera software, or a hardware fault. But I doubt it is hardware because the camera operates well and is generally stable most of the time (when not rebooting every few hours!).

Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it rebooting when infrared kicks on (if this camera has infrared).

Many times it is a power issue.

butako3

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, no, this model does not have Infrared. It's a ColorVu model. And the reboots happen during the day or night, between 90 minutes and 3 hours typically.

butako3

n3wb
Reaction score
I did a full restore to factory default on the camera and it has been stable ever since. (I can only conclude there must be a bug in the firmware somewhere but have absolutely no clue which setting was to blame).