Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW Internal alarm?

artie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I recently purchased two DS-2CD 2432-IW cube camera's. While getting to learn how they worked I had them connected to my router and powered them with a TP-Link POE injector. I viewed them on my computer's browser and was able to learn a little about the camera's settings, everything seemed to work fine with them and I only made a couple of changes (DNR, res.). I did notice a blue light on the front of the camera's (next to the alarm) and never heard the camera's internal alarm when I walked or moved in front of them. Well, I connected them to my Hikvision DS-7604NI-E1/4P NVR and got them to work with that, but now the blue light on the front next to the alarm indicator is a steady Red, and every time I walk or move in front of the camera's their internal alarm goes off. Does anyone know how I can change this? I haven't installed the NVR or camera's yet as I am still learning, testing them. I haven't set the alarm functions on the NVR or the camera's. I am pretty sure it is something set on the camera because I pulled one from the NVR and powered it up by itself and I still get the Red alarm light and the internal alarm goes off. I tried to change the camera IP address (the NVR set it to 192.168.254.5) back to 192.168.1.21 but it will not change. So I can't logged in to the camera from my browser now. Is there a way to change the IP address that a NVR has set? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I have come a long way to get the NVR and camera's working together and the alarms going off on the camera's and locked IP addresses seem to be my last obstacles before I can install them.

Thank you,
Artie

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't set the alarm functions on the NVR or the camera's
In the NVR, untick 'Audible warning' in Linkage method, if you don't want that.
Or - do you have 'Virtual Host' available and active?
In the camera web GUI, configure the PIR alarm as needed, including disabling the audible alarm.
cam42.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Just some more thoughts.
It sounds like you haven't come across SADP.
This is a really useful tool for setting camera IP addresses even when they are on different subnets (though not when they are on the PoE ports of an NVR). http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/tools_82.html
As you have the PoE injector, you can connect the camera back on your LAN, configure the IP address with SADP, and access the camera web GUI for the detail of the PIR alarm that the NVR doesn't pass over to the camera.
In your NVR, check under 'Advanced Network Settings' to see if Virtual Host is available, if so, enable it.
Under Camera Management will be a column of links for direct access to the camera web GUI.

On the NVR PoE ports - these operate on an isolated IP segment which it is best not to change.

artie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Alastair, Thank you for the reply. I cannot use the SADP I have a Mac Pro computer. So I use their iVMS-4200 program, I can see the NVR with the program and I can see the camera's after I remove them from the NVR. I cannot change the camera IP address with the iVMS-4200 program though, as I said in my first message, I tried to set the camera back to an IP address that my Mac computer could see (192.168.1.21) but it doesn't seem to work. Because after setting the IP to 192.168.1.21 I still cannot log in to the camera with my web browser. There looks like a few more camera setting available if I can use my browser to configure the camera.
From your first reply, "In the NVR, uptick 'Audible warning' in Linkage method, if you don't want that". I couldn't find anything in the NVR's menu's for linkage method. But what I did do with the NVR's menu's is look for anything with alarm and I unticked them, but that didn't work either. I'll keep trying to change the camera's IP address to something my computer can see, as little as I know about NVR's and IP camera's it seems I'll have to configure the camera with my browser to fix this.
Thank you again,
Artie

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Because after setting the IP to 192.168.1.21 I still cannot log in to the camera with my web browser.
Have you tried to ping the camera at that IP address to confirm it really did change?
I'll have to configure the camera with my browser to fix this.
Yes indeed. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

On the NVR settings - these do vary somewhat with model and firmware version. This is what I was referring to:
NVR_54.jpg

artie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Alastair, thank you so much for your help. Sorry though I don't know how to ping the camera. I did try to change the camera's IP address with the iVMS-4200 program by using the modify function. I typed in a Nickname, IP address, user name and the password, then I click Apply. But when I refresh the settings, the camera comes back with the IP address that was set by my NVR (192.168.254.5). My computer and or router can't see that address. Before I first connected the camera to the NVR I was able to type the camera's IP address in my web broswer then I could change the IP address to what I wanted and it was saved. But once the NVR set the camera's IP address it seems that it locked it at that. Maybe I'll try to connect the camera to the second Ethernet port on my computer and see what that does?
On a lighter note, I used to fly cargo and passangers to and from England (with the USAF) for a little over 20 years, never got to Scotland though. Very nice country.
Thank you again,
Artie

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Artie,
Before I first connected the camera to the NVR I was able to type the camera's IP address in my web broswer then I could change the IP address to what I wanted and it was saved. But once the NVR set the camera's IP address it seems that it locked it at that.
It's not so much locked - as running on the isolated network segment used by the NVR PoE ports, which is by default not accessible from devices on the normal LAN.
If you are able to temporarily change the IP address on your Mac Pro to one on the same range as the PoE ports, say 192.168.254.100 and then connect the Mac to a spare NVR PoE port, you should be able to use the browser to access the camera on the 192.168.254.5 address if it's still showing OK on the NVR at that address.
If so - you can then set the PIR alarm configuration as needed, and then put the Mac back the way it was.
Yes, Scotland is lovely - on the rare occasions when the weather is too.

artie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I set my computer to match the camera's IP address (which was set by my NVR) to see if I could change the camera's IP address. It didn't work. So I decided to take some time off working on this to think this it through. After a day or so I though maybe there was something on U-Tube, so I typed in the camera's model number in the search. I found a video of someone showing how to set the IP adderss on a new camera using iVMS-4200. I had tried that eariler and it didn't work for me, but after watching the video I found that I was doing it incorrectly (using the wrong screen to modify the IP). I was able to change the camera's IP adderss and turn off the camera's PIR alarm.

Thank you all for your time and patience while I was working on this,
Artie