n3wb
Reaction score
I have tested all of the codecs:

MP2L2 - No Audio on Web

G.722.1 - No Audio on Web
G.711alaw - Audio on Web / Works in Media Player with HIKVISION Codec
G.711ulaw - Audio on Web / Works in Media Player with HIKVISION Codec
G.726 - Audio on Web / Doensn't Work to Well in Media

None of the five codecs work straight off when uploading to YouTube. Is there any workaround anyone is aware of without having to convert the file before uploading?

Thank you.

zmx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just found out I have the same problem, just went though every codec and NO Audio on playback [using VLC]
I rebooted the cameras each time then I recorded a short snippet of video. The MP2L2 was a megafail

Maybe........ the DVR waits till a new chunk of video [I have mine set at 256Mb] then it uses the new codec you have selected ?
Ahh that might be it I just put it back to G71-alaw and no audio still.

edit> looks like each time the camera re-boots there`s a new file anyway

tried manual recording on Explorer then Firefox re-starting the video [you must do this] just in case there was something
funky and no luck.

Update>
I got all of the G codecs to work using HIK`s own player [sorry VLC you failed!]
got it from here

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Software/00 Software Tool Package/00 File Player/Windows VSPlayer

Wont fix your tube of U`s problem tho

FYI its "sounds" like the G726 CODEC sounds the best glad that`s fixed thought I had a major clusterf.... as Audio is very important if the bad guys are covert.

Did some more research HIK have a format converter give that a go

http://overseas.hikvision.com/europe/Tools_82.html#prettyPhoto

Note VS player 7.2.0 has the format converter as well !

Update> testing out the format converter it wont do G726 will do G711, G722 tho

Just converted the MP4 file to avi and it now plays in VLC with audio ! I suspect it will now upload to Youtube ok

Last edited by a moderator: