Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW password reset help

samone4

n3wb
Reaction score
I downloaded a BI update today. All 4 of my cameras were assigned new IPs after a restart. I reconfigured the first 3 camera (logitechs) without a hitch. However, the 4th camera, the Hikvision cube, has an issue: No signal error check/ port/user/password.

I tried to access the camera using both the new IP address as well as the Hikvision tools. I can not login using my user name and password. In fact, it locked me out after 5 attempts and I needed to wait 30 minutes before trying again. So, I'm tried to reset my password using the steps found on their support page. But the password reset fails.

I'm not currently at the location of this system. I would just simply reset the camera and fresh reconfiguration.

Is there a way to reconfigure this camera remotely?

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I downloaded a BI update today. All 4 of my cameras were assigned new IPs after a restart. I reconfigured the first 3 camera (logitechs) without a hitch. However, the 4th camera, the Hikvision cube, has an issue: No signal error check/ port/user/password.

I tried to access the camera using both the new IP address as well as the Hikvision tools. I can not login using my user name and password. In fact, it locked me out after 5 attempts and I needed to wait 30 minutes before trying again. So, I'm tried to reset my password using the steps found on their support page. But the password reset fails.

I'm not currently at the location of this system. I would just simply reset the camera and fresh reconfiguration.

Is there a way to reconfigure this camera remotely?
Welcome to the forum.
1) You must assign each camera a static ip or use dhcp reservation in the router so that the ip address never changes.
2)Blue iris cannot/did not change the password on your cameras. Something else must have occurred. Its possible that you dont have the correct ip address and the browser is displaying a cached page.
First thing to do is to install/run hikvisions sadp to confirm the ip address of the cameras.
Also disable hikvision camera in blue iris so it doesnt attempt to login. Then try via browser. If you reentered the password/user in blue iris you may have done so incorrectly.

samone4

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you.
1) Yes. I need to make each camera static. I think that is what caused the issue in the first place.
2) On the second point, I now understand this issue was indeed not related to the BI update. I think it was caused by the renewal of my ip address from the service provider. What through me off was the timing. I updated the BI software at the same time my ip address changed. I mean it had to be within minutes.

Also, I will run the sadp again after I disable the camera.

I appreciate your help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you.
1) Yes. I need to make each camera static. I think that is what caused the issue in the first place.
2) On the second point, I now understand this issue was indeed not related to the BI update. I think it was caused by the renewal of my ip address from the service provider. What through me off was the timing. I updated the BI software at the same time my ip address changed. I mean it had to be within minutes.

Also, I will run the sadp again after I disable the camera.

I appreciate your help.
Use a dynamic dns service like no-ip or dyndns to keep your external ip address updated.
If i understand correctly, you are port forwarding the cameras as well as blue iris. That is not a secure method. Simply forward the blue iris port only.
If you need to access the camera directly use teamviewer on your blue iris pc.

samone4

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm going to use one of the services to keep the external ip updated.

I'm not sure how to secure the camera port forwarding issue. I'm configuring each camera with its ip address plus : the port number. Should I drop the port number in the BI video configeration?
Just put in the ip address?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to use one of the services to keep the external ip updated.

I'm not sure how to secure the camera port forwarding issue. I'm configuring each camera with its ip address plus : the port number. Should I drop the port number in the BI video configeration?
Just put in the ip address?
I am assuming the blue iris pc is at the same location as the cameras. If so, then you dont need to forward the cameras at all. Just the blue iris webserver port. If you want to secure it further you can setup a VPN.
If the blue iris pc is in the same location i would certainly setup a vpn. The cameras themselves are not very secure.

samone4

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes the BI pc and cameras are at the same location. I'm still not clear on the port forwarding issue regarding the cameras. I would prefer the system be more secure and I have no need to control the cameras remotely.
I setup the 3 cameras using the SADP software and assigned each an IP on the LAN. Then I followed a tutorial to configure the cameras. I selected a HTTP port (1XXX) and a server port (8XXX) for each camera. Is this the same as forwarding the cameras?
I installed the BI software and added the 3 camera. BI selected its own default port and I forwarded that port on the router. And all 3 cameras are working. I can access BI both the LAN and WAN. Is this correct? I really just want to use only BI to view the cameras.