Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW Siren going off

BlakeN

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW with BI siren on camera seems to go off for no reason. Driving the wife crazy. I have turned off all alarms in camera that I can find. Seems like it may happen more often when the camera is farther from the access point. Maybe it is loosing the link or getting bad data?? Always clears on its own in a few seconds. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW with BI siren on camera seems to go off for no reason. Driving the wife crazy. I have turned off all alarms in camera that I can find. Seems like it may happen more often when the camera is farther from the access point. Maybe it is loosing the link or getting bad data?? Always clears on its own in a few seconds. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the forum.
Configuration > Advanced Configuration> Events > Exception

BlakeN

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you so much! I did not realize there was a drop down box and you had to uncheck for each. The HDD error was still checked. Probably left over from before BI I had attached to my NAS - I think it is having trouble with WiFi connection. I have unit in window behind metal blinds. Now that it won't sound the Siren I should be able to keep it there for a while and see if the video is acceptable. Also on mine it is under basic event that I found the setting. image.pngimage.png Thank you for the quick response and thank you for the great forum. I have learned a lot from it getting my system up and working.