Hikvision DS-2CD2532F IPv6 Probem

Dimitris19

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have a problem with my camera. When i enable IPv6 on my router i can't access my cameras web interface and it starts a bootloop every minute.
When i disable IPv6 everything is working normal.
Firmware Version 5.0.2

Also, these are my settings for IPv6

Connection type - Native
DHCP-PD - Enabled
Auto Configuration - Stateless
Router Advertisement - Enabled
DHCPv6 Server - Enabled

Is there a fix for this?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hello

I have the same problem with all of my hikvision cameras ( 2CD2132 + 2CD2732 )

When i activate ipv6 on the router , camera can't be access and reboot every one minute

Do you have find the solution ?

Thanks

Maniaxx

n3wb
Reaction score
I've tried to set IPv6 address manually, used the values printed by 'ifconfig' but the camera just throws 'device error' (in webinterface) and doesn't accept the settings so it has reverted back to 'route advertisement'. Seems to be buggy as hell...
fe80::c62f:90ff:f893:2a04
Subnet: 64
Gateway: <empty>

Reaction score
Hey. Had the problem awhile ago my cameras all went out, only just now figured out after looking into it it was a ipv6 on my router issue.

If you do a rest of the camera (hold reset button and reconnect power and continue to hold button for 30 seconds) the camera will go back to defaults where you can set ip with sadp app etc.

I've only tried it with one camera so far (one in garage I didn't have to get on a ladder to get to) and found something that worked so far. I just switched ipv6 mode to dhcp instead of router advertisement and it's working now.

Before after I reset camera and sent to start setting up again as soon as I changed the ports they would stop working. This time with changing that setting to dhcp I could change ports and it's still working. Now I just need to get to my mounted cameras to do hard resets and apply this work around fix. Pretty freaking annoying but at least I found something that is working for now so thought I would share.