Hikvision DS-2CD27324-IS v5.3.0_150513 after firmware update not working

domkus.d

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have Hikvision DS-2CD27324-IS v5.3.0_150513 information on sticker bottom on camera. It worked fine, just first downloaded update from EU hikvision and made firmware update from web user interface. After restart camera do not working. I'm tried to download many digicap.dav files and run it on TFTP tool. It is able to find it sending completing to send and stops. Then I downloaded firmware from USA the same version as it was by label and run over TFTP tool it said system update completed. But it still not appearing with SADPtool so not able to get on it.

Lot of information is old and I can'f find the correct firmware which will help me to restore it. My camera was in brown box got a label on camera which is with the information in Chinese language. I think it's CH version just interface was English.

Maybe any one can update me and help me with the instructions how I can restore my camera to be able to work.
Thank you

domkus.d

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi thank you for your first response. I downloaded the zip file which is provided. Run tftp but it just say transferrd completed. And thats it. Should i download oem version ? Which one ? And then run from this zip file ? Can anyone provide the correct steps ?
Thank you in advance

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You have a Chinese camera... you can't install v5.3.0 firmware from that website. Please stop trying!!!!

You need to get v5.2.5 on using the downgrader. Read the thread - entirely. You may have to "update" to 5.3.0 first which will brick the camera and then back down to 5.2.5 with the downgrader which will fix it.

domkus.d

n3wb
Reaction score
Well so:

1) updating via TFTP to OEM v5.3.0 says update completed "successful" but the camera not working (brick the camera).
2) Downloaded the downgrader run it as it is and it says only to the step: completed file digicap.dav transmitt.
3) Finally I'm not able get the system update completed message if I'm run the downgrader as it is.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
v5.3.0 Chinese, not English or what you call OEM version. Here

Might brick but probably put camera into Chinese. Then run downgrader.

domkus.d

n3wb
Reaction score
Then I run the file you provided Chinese it says: completed file [C:/xxx/xxx/xx] transmit but not completed update.

;/ I was only able to get update completed if I download firmware from US site. region 1. but it not helped.

domkus.d

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried to download again V5.3.0 Chinese. and with the hiktools changed the region from 2 to 1. Launched again the same file (with region) 1 on TFTP and update was completed. now I can find it on SADP tool. But then I try to log in to UI it says: firmware language mismatch bla bla.

So Now I need to downgrade it with the existing digicap.dav region 2 ? or should I change region first to 1 and run firmware.

domkus.d

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-IS v5.3.0_150513 after firmware update not working

Hello, I have Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-IS v5.3.0_150513 information on sticker bottom on camera. It worked fine, just first downloaded update from EU hikvision and made firmware update from web user interface. After restart camera do not working. I'm tried to download many digicap.dav files and run it on TFTP tool. It is able to find it sending completing to send and stops. Then I downloaded firmware from USA the same version as it was by label and run over TFTP tool it said system update completed. But it still not appearing with SADPtool so not able to get on it.

Lot of information is old and I can'f find the correct firmware which will help me to restore it. My camera was in brown box got a label on camera which is with the information in Chinese language. I think it's CH version just interface was English.

Maybe any one can update me and help me with the instructions how I can restore my camera to be able to work.
Thank you
Camera model: DS-2CD2732F-IS made a mistake in topic.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You need to try some other firmwares to try and get the camera working in Chinese. Then use the downgrader to get it back into English. I thought that Chinese one I linked would work but newer cameras are more picky now.

domkus.d

n3wb
Reaction score
You need to try some other firmwares to try and get the camera working in Chinese. Then use the downgrader to get it back into English. I thought that Chinese one I linked would work but newer cameras are more picky now.

Hi, I was able to unbrick it with china version from http://pan.baidu.com/s/1gduyENh but I needed to change the region to (1) then update from FTPT tool was OK. But now the problem is that then I'm trying to login into the UI interface I got the error: irmware language mismatch: /home/webLib/doc/page/login.asp

Also I tried to get the files out with hiktools50R1 modofy the login file but after modifications not able to update firmare again. So no camera is on the list but not able to login via web UI. Shit :(

SADP tool says that current version is: V5.3.3build 150610 Device serial nr: DS-2CD2732F-IS20151002CCCH548308483

bradenc

n3wb
Reaction score
hey everyone sorry to bring this back to life but I was having the same issue my camera bricked after I updated my camera ds-2cd2732f-is v5.3.0_150513.i haven't looked at it in a few years but want to get it back working, when I use sadp I can get it to show up as 192.168.1.1 and cant connect to it via url because its in recovery mode?i have tried everything with the tftp and can only ever get the second line command to come up and will just sit there for days.only thing I can think of is im doing the update wrong.can someone please help me get this camera working.iv read and been working on this camera for days with no luck.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Too late now for you, but for others that find this thread, do not update camera firmware if the camera is working fine for your situation. Only update if you have an issue and the update is known to fix an issue you have.

bradenc

n3wb
Reaction score
Too late now for you, but for others that find this thread, do not update camera firmware if the camera is working fine for your situation. Only update if you have an issue and the update is known to fix an issue you have.
so my camera is pretty much a paper weight now

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
so my camera is pretty much a paper weight now
Maybe someone here will have a solution for you, but we do see a lot of bricked camera questions on this forum and most updated for no particular reason other than to have the most recent. Depending on the authenticity of the camera, one could also be trying to upload a firmware on a Chinese hacked camera that will not accept a firmware update and thus bricking the camera. Look at all the cams on ebay, Amazon, etc. that specifically state do not update the firmware...because it is a hacked camera.

I have been burned on that and on apps on my phone, so I have auto update off and figure if it works, why mess with it. I have had to find a previous .APK file for apps one too many times and that is a bigger market to find that. Security cams and finding previous firmware to go back to is a lot smaller audience, so a lot less opportunities that someone else has already experienced it and can help one out of the situation.