Hikvision ds-2cd3145f-is

coastykev

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all! I'm new to the forum, although not new to forums in general. I tend to be verbose, but I'll keep it somewhat short to rein in the ADD crowd.

Recently I jumped into buying a cam for my front porch/yard. I looked around the net and found a decently priced cam on Amazon with good reviews (it's in the title). My original intent was to set up a linux server (loaded with Zoneminder) for storage and access to the cameras from anywhere in the world. That turned out to be a freaking nightmare, so I opted to use a laptop to do the business with ivms-4200 downloaded directly from HIKVISIONS' website. That being said, the camera itself if great - self-contained storage, great resolution, and PoE (that means a shorter/less complex attic crawl). The ivms software leaves a lot to be desired.

Setting up motion detect (MD), Line crossing (LC) and all of the arming and recording schedules were relatively easy - even inside of the ivms software, provided you are using the SD card storage. Setting up a NAS and remote viewing has been awful.

After reading through the manuals, setting up the storage server software, formatting the attached 1TB HDD to the laptop and setting the IP, the CAMERA configuration still says the NAS is "offline". This is strange because the STORAGE SERVER configuration lets me see the HDD, format it, and see the available space (which is significantly less than the total HDD, but is in line with the multiple small video files taking up space when I view it in Windows Explorer). Additionally, since the software itself has set up the HDD, I have no idea what the "file path" is supposed to be. This is referenced in the ivms manuals, but there doesn't seem to be an clear explanation of just what syntax or general location this should point to. So, when I test the connection after attempting multiple locations such as "/PCNVR_FILE_STORAGE/" "/PCNVR_FILE_STORAGE/Package000/" and many others that point to everywhere on the HDD, I get a "connecting to server failed" message - although, I am sure it is the correct IP and on the same subnet as the camera. I'm at a loss, here.

I would also like to set up the IVMS software on my phone, but I'm sure that will be a hassle, too. As of right now, the camera works and records the proper events I want it to (albeit a little more sensitive than I would like at the moment). I just want an easier way to view the live and recorded video than having to RAS into the laptop and view it over an active desktop, and be able to store more than 128G of event recordings.

So, any ideas on why the camera settings view the HDD as offline and the storage server settings read the HDD as "Normal"?
Also, does anyone know where I can find an english version of the 3145F manual? The Chinese manual doesn't translate well on Google.
Finally, having had so much trouble with the ivms software, where do you experts think I should start when I solve THIS issue and move on to remote viewing via Android phone?

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
never had any issues using ivms-4500 on any phone, even the windows phone version works all be it missing most options but it still displays the live feed perfectly well, the android ivms works perfectly as well, all mobile versions work well as long as you use the HIK DDNS option found in the cam options and on there associated HIK DDNS web site