HIKvision DS-2CD3345-I help

boounga

n3wb
Reaction score
HIKvision DS-2CD3345-I help NFS/Samba

Hello all,

I've been fighting with this thing to share on NFS or SMB all night. I've read countless threads and I just can't figure it out..

I can format the drive and it makes all the datadir directories and info.bin. It will record for about 2 minutes then the drive will go from online to uninitialized again. I thought maybe I had a wireless G issue but I can maintain 2.1 MB/s (not mbits) and I've tried 1080p @ 6 fps and it still does the same thing. I used some bandwidth calculators and realized this isn't the issue.

The laptop server is running the latest version of debian with an external drive, I have the shares set as /mnt/1TB/Camera01

I have tried setting up quotas but no matter what I do on NFS or SMB it still reports the drive as 917Gb, it will say that there is 0 Gb free space until I format. For the two or so minutes it is online, it reports the correct free space at 870Gb roughly.

Thanks,
Tyler

Last edited by a moderator:

boounga

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: HIKvision DS-2CD3345-I help NFS/Samba

Hello all,

I've been fighting with this thing to share on NFS or SMB all night. I've read countless threads and I just can't figure it out..

I can format the drive and it makes all the datadir directories and info.bin. It will record for about 2 minutes then the drive will go from online to uninitialized again. I thought maybe I had a wireless G issue but I can maintain 2.1 MB/s (not mbits) and I've tried 1080p @ 6 fps and it still does the same thing. I used some bandwidth calculators and realized this isn't the issue.

The laptop server is running the latest version of debian with an external drive, I have the shares set as /mnt/1TB/Camera01

I have tried setting up quotas but no matter what I do on NFS or SMB it still reports the drive as 917Gb, it will say that there is 0 Gb free space until I format. For the two or so minutes it is online, it reports the correct free space at 870Gb roughly.

Thanks,
Tyler
So I figured out two things tonight

#1 If you're going to SMB or NFS an external drive do NOT share the mount point, ie /mnt/Volume. Make sure you share /mnt/Volume/Camera or something. I spent about 5 hours figuring that out. Couldn't format my drive in the web configuration. I did have global rw permissions on the mount, for some reason doesn't matter.

#2 I spent another 4 hours formatting my drive in the web config all for it to be Normal status to uninitialized. The size of the volume DOES matter even on this very new camera. I used mkfs.ext4 and redid my external drive temporarily using a blocksize to roughly 200 GB. I kept trying to get it to work with a 917 GB partition only for it to quit within a minute or two of logging. I am going to experiment with sizes.

Also I am on 5.3.3 firmware.

So anyways woo hoo, actually recording now via SMB. I guess it really doesn't matter which one you choose. I would say that SMB is easier.

Below I played with quotas for hours and no success but this helped. I'd just partition your drive accordingly and share it in SMB. Mount with /etc/fstab on boot!

From TD22057 on the forum

Re: Solving some NFS issues on Hikvision cameras

Set up the share by editing /etc/samba/smb.conf

Code:
[Camera01]
guest ok = no
create mask = 0755
comment = Security Camera 01
browsable = yes
path = /media/disk2/cams/cam01 <-- mine is /mnt/1TB/Camera01
write list = seccam01 <-- your username for samba (mine is tyler)
create mask = 0755
Then I set everything up in the camera and it worked fine.

END

So I keep editing this post, I used \Camera01 in the SMB config. It is the name in [] in smb.conf not /mnt/Volume/whatever. The test works then on 5.3.3. You can use forward slash but test won't work!

Also Ubuntu is based off debian so setting up samba via command line can be done this way

https://wiki.debian.org/SambaServerSimple

I don't use linux as a desktop so I can't give you any info on desktop samba management. Linux/FreeBSD for command line server and OSX for desktop at my home!​

Last edited by a moderator: