Hikvision ds-2cd3410fd-iw pir fault

myedsore

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I recently got the above camera from Aliexpress and I'm having issues with the PIR alarm.

The setup is that my camera is located in my shed so it is running off WIFI. Not sure the signal is that great but seems to connect alright.

The problem I am having is that after setting the PIR alarm it is being triggered every other minute to the point I have to disable it even though there is no movement.

The funny thing is that when I setup the camera nearer the wifi router I was not getting the false triggers. It only seems to be when it is on a weaker signal.

Also if I remote login on my mobile app it triggers the PIR alarm.

Any ideas? Do you think I have a faulty camera.?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The funny thing is that when I setup the camera nearer the wifi router I was not getting the false triggers. It only seems to be when it is on a weaker signal.
A bit of a dumb question, for which apologies:
Are you sure it's a PIR alarm and not the 'loss of connection' or 'loss of video' alarm?
What is shown in the logs of either the camera, or the presumed NVR that it is connected to?

myedsore

n3wb
Reaction score
A bit of a dumb question, for which apologies:
Are you sure it's a PIR alarm and not the 'loss of connection' or 'loss of video' alarm?
What is shown in the logs of either the camera, or the presumed NVR that it is connected to?
It's definately PIR log is full of start stop PIR.