Hikvision DS-2CD4B26FWD-IZS blurry when zoomed out

Reaction score
At one location, we have 4 Hikvision DS-2CD4B26FWD-IZS IP cams above conveyer belts in a greenhouse.
At first, all 4 were working alright, but after moving one a bit lower, that one has a problem with the image:
When full zoomed out, the image is very blurry, only when full zoomed in, the picture is sharp but still not as sharp as it was before.

The cameras were all functioning on standard settings, which was working well.
I cleaned the front of the camera to see if that solved the problem, also played a while with the possible settings on the camera (through the webinterface), but nothing seem to help.

This is how it should be, nice and sharp:

Camera_goed_Voor.jpg

This is from the problematic one, the first image all the way zoomed in, the second image all the way zoomed out:

Camera_achter_ingezoomd.jpg

Camera_achter_uitgezoomd.jpg

Anyone can tell me if there is a solution for this problem? Or will it be a defect in the camera?

craigspc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had one of these Darkfighter cameras about 4 years ago. I can’t swear that it was the identical model (I have 4A26 in my mind), but it had a similar problem. If i recall correctly, i could zoom out until 2.8mm was displayed on the screen, but then it would continue a fraction further and lose focus (identical to your last sample photo). I was able to regain focus by zooming in, then carefully zooming out again - but sadly I never found a fix. Sorry I can’t help more.

Last edited:

craigspc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I will add that your second photo (the best sample from the “defective” camera) does not look anything like mine did - mine went straight from the top image to the bottom one. Your middle photo looks like a combination of some WB/exposure/brightness problem, possibly caused by the the relocation of the camera. On the off chance that you’ve also changed something during your attempts to solve the focus problem - It might be worth restoring factory defaults and trying again. While I don’t know if you’ll be able to fix the focus problem, I suspect that you can do something about the image quality.

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I will do a factory reset as soon as I have the time for it and see if that helps. Now the lighting may be a problem in the position the camera is now. Most of the light in the greenhouse comes from grow lights for the bigger part of the day, which is an orange-ish light. Although I haven't seen it like this earlier, even with the same amount of lights around it.

I have tried the step-by-step zooming out as you did, but even then, it's getting blurry about halfway.

Is there any way to just reset the adjustment settings, so I don't have to setup network config and credentials again?
I have searched for this, but couldn't find it.

craigspc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, under system/Maintenance (I think), you should find the option to reset everything other than network and passwords etc.

Reaction score
Good news, resetting worked :) Now it's a clear image again:

Uitgezoomd_goed.png

It's already dark here, so I will check again tomorrow to see how it will be with daylight. The camera is all the way zoomed out and it's sharp as it probably ever will be with this kind of light conditions.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited: