Hikvision DS-2DE4A425IW-DE: can be directly exposed to sun, rain and snow ?

glcam

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to buy the Hikvision DS-2DE4A425IW-DE Ptz camera (specs here) that is classified as Ip66 and supports temperatures ranging from -30°C to 65°C. The word outdoor is not specified in the camera specifications.

In the videos I saw on YouTube, this model is installed outdoors, but always protected under the eaves, ceiling or soffit recessed.

Using the wall/pole mount, can I leave this camera directly exposed to the action of sun, rain and snow without damaging it ?

P.S. Where I live, the temperature can reach up to 40 degrees in summer.

glcam

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not worried about the aging of the plastics, but about the temperature that the camera could reach with direct exposure to the sun.

Doing some tests with a thermal imaging camera and white and black plastics, the first one reached almost 50 degrees, the second one reached almost 70 degrees.

Unfortunately for the Hikvision DS-2DE4A425IW-DE Ptz camera there isn't a Sun/Rain Shield accessory like this.

glcam

n3wb
Reaction score
Searching the forum I saw that many people have this camera model.

Nobody can share their experience in case of outdoor use with the camera directly exposed to sun, rain and snow ?

Flavacali

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to buy the Hikvision DS-2DE4A425IW-DE Ptz camera (specs here) that is classified as Ip66 and supports temperatures ranging from -30°C to 65°C. The word outdoor is not specified in the camera specifications.

In the videos I saw on YouTube, this model is installed outdoors, but always protected under the eaves, ceiling or soffit recessed.

Using the wall/pole mount, can I leave this camera directly exposed to the action of sun, rain and snow without damaging it ?

P.S. Where I live, the temperature can reach up to 40 degrees in summer.
I have that same hikvision camera, I've had it a year mounted outside in the backyard to a tree exposed to New York summers where it get very humid, and the winters with no problems so far it's the best camera I've owned the auto tracking is about 99 percent accurate. The only issue I have is hikvision took away the max/min target size in settings, but I just use line crossing with blue iris and sentry smart cut down on false alerts, it's about 85 percent accurate on false alerts.

glcam

n3wb
Reaction score
I have that same hikvision camera, I've had it a year mounted outside in the backyard to a tree exposed to New York summers where it get very humid, and the winters with no problems
This camera should have a built-in temperature sensor.

Would you be so kind to post here the maximum temperature reached when exposed to the sun during the hottest hours of the day ? :)

She doesn't have highest IP level but it should be enough.
Many Hikvision outdoor dome cameras support "only" ip66.

Probably this is the appropriate level of protection chosen by camera designers.

The only thing missing is the possibility to dive the telemeter to a depth of one meter :wow:

IPXX Specs below: