Hikvision DS-2FP2020 Omni-directional Microphone

Newbie4321

n3wb
Reaction score
I was hoping somebody would be able to help me with this. I want to extend the distance of this external mic 75’ from the camera. What wire and connectors should I use? Appreciate

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd consider the 3 conductor, 22 gauge stranded, shielded cable as Alpha Wire #2403C.
Using a Mylar shield with drain wire it's close to $92 for a 100 ft. spool, as the ones with overall woven wire for shielding can be several hundred dollars.

I cannot attest to the maximum length for an extension you can have on a condenser mic that is 12VDC powered and is 600 Ohm unbalanced.

Newbie4321

n3wb
Reaction score
I don’t know very much about this and how it works. Is there something I could pick up at Home Depot for this?

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One could try cat-5 and see how well it performs, as a bench test, if you have spare cat-5 cable available. The correct answer, as stated above, is to use the correct wire for the task at hand to eliminate future possible issues.

It will also depend if the output is at mic or line level. If line, then there is a greater chance of success as the levels are higher.

Newbie4321

n3wb
Reaction score
You want good shielded audio cable like Tony suggested above or your run the risk of having problems with humming in the audio thus rendering the audio unusable.
I hi there, I have the wire and I’m trying to connect it. What do I connect the drain wire to?

Newbie4321

n3wb
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks Tony. I will do it now. I will let you know how it works

Newbie4321

n3wb
Reaction score
It's a common ground for the DC supply and the audio which is isolated.
Hey Tony, I connected with the ground wires on both ends and the sound is still not clear. What should I do?

Newbie4321

n3wb
Reaction score
The mic has its own power supply not from the camera if that helps

Newbie4321

n3wb
Reaction score
When you have the time would you please help me figure this out. I ended up spending $158 for the wire with shipping.

Newbie4321

n3wb
Reaction score

Newbie4321

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Tony, I bought the Hikvision pci-t15f2s camera. Everything worked fine and still does if I just use the mic that is in the camera. The mic is about 50’ feet away and I’m still hearing hissing noise. Yes I did wire it up like that
Hi Tony, I bought the Hikvision pci-t15f2s camera. Everything worked fine and still does if I just use the mic that is in the camera. The mic is about 50’ feet away and I’m still hearing hissing noise. Yes I did wire it up like that
I originally attached the drain wire to the ground going to the camera and wrapped the drain wire around the wires and the other end to the mic. After that I went drain wire to ground wire on both ends. Still not clear.