HikVision DS-7208huhi-k1 bricked after firmware upg

JamieG

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Please can someone in the know offer a Newbie some assistance, I've been onto HikVision and downloaded the latest K71 firmware for my device and proceeded to upgrade the firmware, this appeared to go okay and offered to reboot which was duly completed and from there I don't get any screen output at all. I do see the red HikVision splash screen upon boot but nothing else.

I've setup my computers IP to 192.0.0.128 and I can ping the 7208 on 192.0.0.64 but cant login in any way, I've run a port scanner to get a list of open ports, this returns no results.

I've tried using SFTP with my latest firmware and a base version but my device does not get listed in the results / information area.

I've tried SADP - no device listed

I've tried Batch Configuration tool and scanned all IPs within 192.0.0.1 - 254 and nothing, I've tried also scanning 192.0.0.64 ports 1 - 9999 and again nothing.

My device does not have a RS232 port on so can't console on in the normal fashion.

I've also tried a web browser via http & https to the .64 IP.

Can anyone offer some assistance please.

JamieG

JamieG

n3wb
Reaction score
Now got further using different laptop - I now get this script working, it displays "setting block size ...." & "Serving ....-byte digicap.xxxxxxx" but nothing else is happening, I've turned off the DVR and back on again and still nothing.

I've tried directly plugged into the DVR and a switch using an RJ45 cable in both instances.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
When you tried the Hikvision tftp updater - did you get a Windows firewall prompt to allow the needed inbound access?
Without that, the PC won't receive the probes from the DVR, assuming it's sending them.
Maybe try with the Windows firewall temporarily disabled.

My device does not have a RS232 port on so can't console on in the normal fashion.
If neither the Hikvision tftp updater nor the Python clone responds to the DVR when it's powered on, your next step would be to connect to the device serial console.
If it's not a model with the RS232 DB9 connector on the back - there will be a connector on the internal main board.
This will be a 4-pin white connector.

To access this you will need :
A 4-pin 1.5mm JST ZH connector, wired. These are readily available on eBay, in 10-packs.
A USB to TTL convertor. I've used a few PL2303HX - based ones, usually sold as 'for Arduino', again loads on eBay.

JamieG

n3wb
Reaction score
Cheers for the reply - I've turned off the firewall to ensure no blocking is going on.

I can see the only way to go is via the console onboard cable with this one, parts have been ordered.

What wires go where as this will need connecting up to each other in terms of the above cables?

Thanks again

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My guess is that the white 4-pin connector between the HDMI and VGA outlets is the serial console connector.

JamieG

n3wb
Reaction score
Whilst awaiting the cables to arrive I've hooked up to a screen again and found today that I can see a display, no cameras but a display with menu's when I try to go into "Menu" i get prompted for a username and password, I can type a password but can't type in the user name box, it has a drop down menu to select a username, there is no list appearing.

pxrxc

n3wb
Reaction score
The same thing happens to me, there’s some way to fix it or you could’ve already fixed it?
Whilst awaiting the cables to arrive I've hooked up to a screen again and found today that I can see a display, no cameras but a display with menu's when I try to go into "Menu" i get prompted for a username and password, I can type a password but can't type in the user name box, it has a drop down menu to select a username, there is no list appearing.