Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1/4P NVR - no power issue

lee_evo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, looking for some help or advice with my nvr which has suddenly stopped working. The wife accidentally unplugged it while vacuuming :rolleyes::rolleyes:, then tried plugging it back in and nothing.

I've checked with a multimeter and the psu is pushing out the correct current 48v, I've opened up the box to disconnect the HDD etc but still can't get any life from it. It's been working solid for 18 months and there's never been a problem even through power cuts.

is there a point on the board I can test or any other options than purchase a new box :(

Any help appreciated. thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
How are you trying to connect to it - web GUI or VGA/HDMI interface?

is there a point on the board I can test
Check for the +5v and +12v on the HDD power connector, and the red LED on the board.
Does the router/switch port show a link detect LED?
Do the NVR PoE ports show any LEDs for the connected cameras?

If yes to these tests, does SADP find the NVR? SADP Tool
If the NVR is active, SADP will find it even if the IP address is no longer on your LAN range.

lee_evo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Alastair , there is no power, no visible signs of life.

Nothing on the hdd +5v and trace voltage on the +12v
Don't know where to locate the led on the board as nothing is illuminated.
None of the NVR PoE ports are lit

Like I said it was only Unplugged from the power socket

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe check the 48v when the power supply is connected to the NVR and the NVR is turned on. You can do this on the on/off switch on the back panel

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok.
It sounds like an internal power failure then.
With the inbound 48v ok but no derived 5v or 12v.

lee_evo

n3wb
Reaction score
Just to update anyone who might have the same problem,

I replaced the 100v 47uf capacitor and my 7604 NVR is back up and running. I didn't have an RST meter to properly test it but after desoldering the old cap it appeared to be in good condition and there was nothing a standard multimeter could detect fault with.

In summary if you don't have an RST meter to test caps, just replace them. this fix cost me £1.06 :)

hkkris

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I’m having similar issues like yours, my NVR cam recorder is not starting up. Please find attached picture. Can you please advise what should I do. I read your comments but I’m not electrical guy don’t know what to buy and how to solder, any suggestions?

thanks
Hari

Attachments

hkkris

n3wb
Reaction score
Does is emit a beep after being powered on?
Does SADP find the device?
Does the link detect LED on the switch / router port it's connected to light up?
thanks for your response, didn’t know what happened I just tried rebooting multiple times and it started working, no clue how that worked. Anyway it’s working now saves me going through warranty hassle.

cheers
Hari