Hikvision DS-7608 with Synology nas

Trev83

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, hopefully someone will be able to help me. I have a Hikvision DS-7608 which allows me to add a network drive so i can record against both. So on my Synology i made a 4tb nfs shared folder allowing read write, and did a root squash. I only allowed the ip address of my HIK NVR to access this share for security. I then went into the NVR and added the path of the share which it found, it then went initialising/formatting and said the drives size was the size of all the drives on my synology. After a while it errored out and stopped saying abnormal for the network share even though it had created a few folder on it.

Does anyone know where ive gone wrong please?

Kind Regards

Trev

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Instead of NFS, try SMB/CIFS for the sharing protocol, and assuming the Synology NAS can be configured in this way like the QNAP NAS, for the UserID created for the NVR, apply a user quota to put a defined limit on the share volume size.

Trev83

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi alastairstevenson, thanks for the reply and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Ill give it a go tonight and fingers crossed that will be it. At least it means they have to steal both things then to take the footage should anything happen.

Thanks again

Trev

Reaction score
Hi Trev83. I've same problem with my HIK NVR DS9632NI-I8 and Synology NAS. It shows "abnormal" even create some file on NFS shared folder. Do you have any solution for problem? please share.

Reaction score
Instead of NFS, try SMB/CIFS for the sharing protocol, and assuming the Synology NAS can be configured in this way like the QNAP NAS, for the UserID created for the NVR, apply a user quota to put a defined limit on the share volume size.
How to access SMB/CIFS sharing folder from HIK NVR?