Hikvision DS-7608N-E2/8P recording setup help

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hoping some of the experts can shine some light my way.

I just purchased a new Hikvision NVR and have some questions configuring continuous recordings at low FPS with higher FPS when motion is detected. Is this accomplished by changing Stream Types under the Video Settings for the cameras and configuring Main Stream(Normal) and Main Stream(Event)? If so, what would be a decent frame rate to set up low and high recordings? 10/30? Space is not an issue, so I would like to have any motion recordings to the best possible quality. Any recommendations for other settings like Bitrate Type, Video Quality and Max. Bitrate?

Also, I've been trying to figure out how to setup the NVR to trigger motion detection markers when playing back continuous recordings for the cameras. I found an older thread on a different forum with the exact issue I'm having without any answers if it can be done (no motion detection markers over the continuous blue recording bar). Can this be accomplished with either a configuration setting within the NVR or maybe using some other management software?

Thanks is advance for any help.

hereu

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Attachments

hereu

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just noticed your NVR should have 50mbps.

You can use the tool above to move the settings depending on what you value most or to account for a higher frame rate in (motion) event mode.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Even though I had Hikvision Tools installed, I never paid much attention to the bandwidth calculator until your reply. Now it makes sense! :) Thanks for the info.