Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2-8P/A DNS problem and other question

Hikv

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have successfully configured like 3 days ago this NVR DS-7608NI-E2-8P/A with a test cam DS-2CD2112-I (waiting for other 4 1080p Exir camera).

But, I have noticed that I have a really curious problem.

The NVR with DHCP enabled doesen't recover automatically from my router (Netgear DGN 2200v3) the DNS Adress, Primary and Secondary.
My router uses the google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)...

So to bypass this problem I have to:

1) Disable DHCP (because the DNS space are EMPTY and I can't edit without disabling DHCP)
2) Enter Manually Settings for IP and Gateway and also for the DNS.
3) Enable Again DHCP (because if not enabled the UPNP Service doesen't work)
4) Works fine, because when I enable again the DHCP the DNS bar will be fulled with the Google Dns previously inserted manually.

So you will say that the problem is Fixed... NOT, because every time I need to reboot or shutdown the NVR, the space for DNS will be blank again.(so no connection for DDNS or EZVIZ)
The NVR is like can't take automatically with DHCP the DNS from my router. (other devices in the network have no problem)

Do you have any ideas on how to fix this?

And I have also other questions:

There's any way with IVMS for iOS or other software to shutdown the email notification on motion detection remotely?
And also to shutdown the alarm Output (siren) on PIR detection?

(I know I can do this with DDNS and a PC but it will be really useful to do that with a simple app on smarthphone)

And the NVR can work 24h/7days cantinuosly? Or I have sometimes to shutdown it?
(I have an UPS Interactive Sinewave)

Thanks in advance

NVR Information:

Firm. V3.3.4 Build 150616
Cam Firmware: V5.3.0 Build 150814

European Market Products (not directly from china)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hikv

n3wb
Reaction score
Disable DHCP and port forward in your router to your NVR's Static IP address.
Hello!

Thanks for the reply!

Ok I have succesfully opened this ports on my Netgear tcp/udp 554, 8000, 9010, 9020
I can't succesfully apply firewall rules to open HTTP/HTTPS ports... Are this required? It says an error like "Duplicated name service"... IDK

Other ports required?

DemonicHawk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think I read about some other people having DHCP issues with the 3.3.4 firmware as well, so probably best to configure it manually. I'm pretty sure you don't need to open all those ports to have everything working (and you shouldn't open more than you need). I believe there's a thread somewhere that talks about the ports you need to open.

Not sure about turning off email notifications with an app, but yes the NVR is designed to be run 24/7, though some people like to reboot it every so often to ensure everything is running well. Not necessary though if everything is working fine for you.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You only need to forward port 8000 for iVMS access.

I believe (but @fenderman will correct me if wrong) that you need to open for TCP only or UDP only depending on what you have set under Configuration -> Local -> Protocol

Also, turn off UPnP under Configuration -> Network -> Basic Settings -> NAT

Last edited by a moderator:

Hikv

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I read about some other people having DHCP issues with the 3.3.4 firmware as well, so probably best to configure it manually. I'm pretty sure you don't need to open all those ports to have everything working (and you shouldn't open more than you need). I believe there's a thread somewhere that talks about the ports you need to open.

Not sure about turning off email notifications with an app, but yes the NVR is designed to be run 24/7, though some people like to reboot it every so often to ensure everything is running well. Not necessary though if everything is working fine for you.
Thanks for the reply! Ok I will only reboot then NVR every 1-2 weeks!

Right now I'm using IVMS 4500, there are other version but I can't configure it to work...

I have also other Dlink cloud camera, and there is a good option to disable the motion detection from the app (and linked no email notification in this way).

So do you think there aren't any external app to shutdown the motion detection function? or the email notification?

And the "Alarm Output" toggle in the IVMS is refered to shutdown completely the alarm (So you can enter in the house and no alarm) or is used only to manually activate/deactivate the output (but the system still remain armed on PIR/motion detection)?

I believe (but @fenderman will correct me if wrong) that you need to open for TCP only or UDP only depending on what you have set under Configuration -> Local -> Protocol

Well done, today I'm going to my 2nd house in the country where the NVR have to be installed...
I will do some test, try settings and report here!

Thanks again

Hikv

n3wb
Reaction score

Hello, time for update!

I have installed the videos survillance system in my country house and everything works fine!

Used manual DNS and configured port's forward on my router ( a notification for Italian users/worldwide on 3G connection; call your ISP provider to check if you are not on a NATTED connection; otherwise reclaim for a public Ip address); now everythings works really fast and stable!

I have only a like ghosting problem with movement at full night; I think it's related with my expsoure time (1/30); next week I have to do some test.

Here is my system:

NVR: DS-7608NI-E2-8P/A
HD: 4TB WD Purple
Camera: 1x DS-2CD2112-I (used inside) + 4x DS-2CD2232-I5
UPS: Itek Propower 1000VA Line Interactive Sinewave