HikVision DS-7608NI-E2/8P - Motion detection - Event

revvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I've finally managed to install the NVR and 6 PoE cameras and the whole system works phenomenally. Right now it is set to record continuously, but I've also set motion detection grids on each camera using the NVR.

My question so far is regarding motion detection:

• Is there a way to set the NVR to record continuously but mark where there were motion detection events? Right now in the PLAYBACK interface, what I get is a solid blue line showing that there's footage, but no red blips showing triggered events (see this pic: http://i.imgur.com/dPUeBSj.jpg)

Also, is anyone having trouble with their motion detection grids resetting back to default every once in a while?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there a way to set the NVR to record continuously but mark where there were motion detection events? Right now in the PLAYBACK interface, what I get is a solid blue line showing that there's footage, but no red blips showing triggered events (see this pic: http://i.imgur.com/dPUeBSj.jpg)
Yes, record continuously but setup motion detection, you can view the events only if you plug a monitor directly into the NVR.

revvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, record continuously but setup motion detection, you can view the events only if you plug a monitor directly into the NVR.
Thanks, this is what I currently do, but it doesn't show me any red blips.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
but it doesn't show me any red blips.
This will be firmware version-dependant. What version are you using?
On the VGA/HDMI output, under Playback, do you have 'Smart' as a playback type? This gives a marked timeline. Which would be really nice if it was also on the web GUI for those of us who run these headless, but sadly it's not, yet.

revvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This will be firmware version-dependant. What version are you using?
On the VGA/HDMI output, under Playback, do you have 'Smart' as a playback type? This gives a marked timeline. Which would be really nice if it was also on the web GUI for those of us who run these headless, but sadly it's not, yet.
I tried the smart playback thing, but it doesn't show me motion detection at the bottom. If I press EVENT in the top left corner of the Playback screen, I can access a search function that appears to look for moments when there was motion, but I can't see blips in the timeline at the bottom.

I'm using v3.3.1

magga

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi revvr, did you ever solve this? I have the same DVR and am wondering the same myself and smart playback does not give anything other than continuous recording marked on the timeline.

revvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi revvr, did you ever solve this? I have the same DVR and am wondering the same myself and smart playback does not give anything other than continuous recording marked on the timeline.
The SMART option was as close as I got unfortunately.