Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2 Live View Issues

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have recently been having issues with the DS-7608NI-E2 NVR with live view and skipping during playback on Internet Explorer and via the iPhone App. The main feed only sub feed is fine.

I install CCTV systems for a living and have just moved from the 3MP systems with the 7108 to the 4MP systems running a 7608.

We can install an entire system with absolutely no issues at one house and then the next house 1 or 2 cams might not live view.

The issue only seems to happen during the day and it only seems to be with the 7608 the 7604 never has this issue.

I am using international OEM hardware.

I have tried the following.

Upgrading the firmware to the latest and downgrading it to V3.4.62_160503
Replacing the cabling. (if i plug the camera into the recorder with a short patch lead it works fine)
Replacing the camera
Replacing the NVR with another 7608
Tried a PoE switch instead of built in PoE ports.

If I replace the NVR with a 7616 or a 7608NI-I2 it all works fine.

I am thinking that at this stage it has to be an issue with the 7608 however the specs say it can handle up to 6MP??

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
if i plug the camera into the recorder with a short patch lead it works fine
If what you're saying is that this fixes the problem - then you have the cause and the solution.
Are you terminating the cables yourself? Maybe you are not using the correct wire order to preserve the twisted pairs.
How are you powering the camera? Presumably not with passive PoE splitters, which would be very dependent on the length and resistance of the cable.

The 7616NI-Ex and 7608NI-I2 both have faster DSP/CPU than the 7608NI-Ex.

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You would think so. I am using A standard.

If I swap the recorder to a 7616 or 7608NI-I2 it works with the existing cabling.

Cameras are powered with PoE from the back of the recorder.

I have also tried using a PoE switch with the same issues.

It has me perplexed.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, so existing cabling=problem with Live View, short patch cable=OK with Live View.
And the cables are terminated correctly.
That leaves the standard of the cable (what standard / gauge type of wire are you using?), and the length and placement (eg sources of interference) as variables.
Maybe worth seeing what happens if you hook up a long cable that's still rolled up.

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Using Cat5e in A standard. (Have fit off 1000's of data cables in my time so i know its not that)

I can also get live view smooth through the cameras web interface so to me that doesn't indicate a cabling issue.

OK I'll try tomorrow during the day light with a long cable along the ground as the issue is only apparent during the day between 10am - 4pm so far.

The issue is that I have had mixed problems at clients houses and now I am testing at my home to replicate and isolate the issue.

I just find it very odd that other NVR's work and this one does not.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I had a similar issue and the below worked for me.. I hope it does for you too.

I was going to upgrade the Firmware and a post off the latest one said that their Main View was broken when they changed the Framerate of the Cameras.
Mine were set to Full Frame Rate in the NVR, the cameras do not have this option in the drop down. I changed both cameras to 10fps and the live view started working again.
I progressively upped the framerate on the cameras, until they were both at their max frame rate, this time using the numbers rather then the wording, and they are still both working.

almelst

n3wb
Reaction score
Only thing I can think of is exceeding maximum bandwidth (80 Mbps for DS-7608NI-E2). Try limiting maximum bitrate for all cameras to 4096 bps, or experiment a little.