Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2-8P V4 owners

davesims

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I recently got my DS-7608NI-I2-8P upgraded to firmware V4 and i have a couple of questions for people familiar with this version of the firmware.

I have that when directly accessing the NVR (not via WebGUI) on the Live view tab on the left-hand pain you have 2 tabs Channel and Target Detection but on the web GUI there is no such tabs, in other words, the functionality on the web GUI is no there

Also

On the playback tab directly on the NVR on the left-hand window, you have a custom search down the bottom that allows you to use search terms like File type, Event Type and so one, this is not available on the WebGUI, is this normal?

You also have file management, smart analysis which does not seem to be on the Weebgui, is this all normal? i assumed what was on direct would be on WebGui

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes that's all normal. The web GUI is pretty standard amongst models so you you don't necessarily see the additional features that the NVR supports over lesser spec'd models.

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Certain features will not show on the web interface. It also depends on what browser you are using. If you want all the features then you need to use IE. Remember to run IE as administrator. Other browsers like Chrome and Firefox will work but there are certain features and options that won’t show up.

davesims

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cheers, I tried IE as admin and didn't notice any more functions than Chrome or Firefox to be honest