Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2 password reset

thebaz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
I am having trouble after forgetting my password to reset and create a new password. I have tried all the password reset code generators and they have not worked. I have contacted hikvision support and sent them the XLM file. They sent me an XML file to import into SADP. I tried that with my laptop connected directly to the NVR and got a "failed to reset password timed out" or "failed to reset password Device denied" Is there anything in my procedure that is wrong?
I am using SADP v 3.0.0.10
When I originally set up the NVR I ticked the auto login box so I can get in to the menus but I have not set the NVR up so it is functional yet.
Any help would be most welcome.

Thanks

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I have contacted hikvision support and sent them the XLM file. They sent me an XML file to import into SADP. I tried that with my laptop connected directly to the NVR and got a "failed to reset password timed out" or "failed to reset password Device denied" Is there anything in my procedure that is wrong?
I am using SADP v 3.0.0.10
can you try this again but plug the laptop into the switch/router and nvr into the switch/router

thebaz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I had my PC and the NVR connected to the router and could not even get the export XML to work. I got another XML file from Hikvision in China and it worked, so I have now reset my password and am back in the game.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
@mat200 must of had a sleep in on Sunday :sleepy:
Welcome to the forum
And have a read on the posts there’s a huge amount of free information
And don’t be afraid to ask questions if your not sure
There are amazing people here with a vast amount of knowledge :welcome:

thebaz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@mat200 must of had a sleep in on Sunday :sleepy:
Welcome to the forum
And have a read on the posts there’s a huge amount of free information
And don’t be afraid to ask questions if your not sure
There are amazing people here with a vast amount of knowledge :welcome:
Not sure if this was directed at me due to the "@mat200" but the forum looks great and I had a good scan around for info before I posted this.
It looks like the newer NVRs have different password reset procedures so I thought it best to start this thread.
I am sure I will need the experience of forum members as I proceed setting this thing up.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
For you thebaz Matt normally greets everyone here
You will pick up a wealth of knowledge here
Have a good time

tungusito

n3wb
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "thebaz, post: 236731, member: 46012"] Gracias por la respuesta. Mi PC y el NVR se conectaron al enrutador y me permitieron hacer el XML de exportación. Obtuve otro archivo XML de Hikvision en China y funcionó, así que ahora él restableció mi contraseña y estoy de vuelta en el juego. [/ QUOTE]
Hola, soy nuevo en esto de las camaras, tengo el mismo problema con mi dvr, no recuerdo la contraseña, podrías enviarme el correo a quien solicitaste el archivo XML para restaurar tu dvr. Desde ya muchas gracias. Saludos cordiales.

thebaz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "thebaz, post: 236731, member: 46012"] Gracias por la respuesta. Mi PC y el NVR se conectaron al enrutador y me permitieron hacer el XML de exportación. Obtuve otro archivo XML de Hikvision en China y funcionó, así que ahora él restableció mi contraseña y estoy de vuelta en el juego. [/ QUOTE]
Hola, soy nuevo en esto de las camaras, tengo el mismo problema con mi dvr, no recuerdo la contraseña, podrías enviarme el correo a quien solicitaste el archivo XML para restaurar tu dvr. Desde ya muchas gracias. Saludos cordiales.
I contacted Hivision directly. support@hikvision.com. They may refer you to the dealer you purchased the cameras from. There is a procedure you have to go through where you have to connect the camera, export the XML file, then do not dis-connect the camera until the new xml file is uploaded when you receive it to the camera through SADP. Hope that helps

funkadelic

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I had my PC and the NVR connected to the router and could not even get the export XML to work. I got another XML file from Hikvision in China and it worked, so I have now reset my password and am back in the game.
Hey @thebaz how did you contact hikvision china to get another XML file? I'm trying to reset the pwd on my DS-7616NI-I2 and got an xml file from hikvision usa today, tried to import it, but get the timeout error message like you described.

thebaz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey @thebaz how did you contact hikvision china to get another XML file? I'm trying to reset the pwd on my DS-7616NI-I2 and got an xml file from hikvision usa today, tried to import it, but get the timeout error message like you described.
If you can get an XML file from Hikvision USA, that will work fine. The thing you need to do is when you are using SADP and export the XML file, you need to leave everything connected and powered up till you import the new XML file from Hikvision. If you power down or disconnect the new XML file will not work. If you try and contact Hikvision China they may not help you, so if USA is already helping you stick with them and ask for another XML file after you export a new one to send them. (the old one is no good after 24hrs)