Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2/8P NVR with cameras connected via Ubiquity wireless bridge

Jer-Bear

n3wb
Reaction score
All,

A farmer asked me to put cameras up on his farm. It has multiple buildings. I want to get a low maintenance NVR like the DS-7608NI-K2/8P. Ideally, I would keep the NVR in his house, while connecting 4 cameras on his barn via Ubiquity wireless link.

Can this be done?

I plan on running 4 cameras to a POE switch in the barn, that would connect back to the house via Ubiquity wireless link. Would I connect the wireless link to the router in the house (That the NVR is connected to) or the back of the NVR in one of the ports?

Barn Cameras
2 - Hikvision DS-2CD2T47G1-L
2- Hikvision DS-2CD2155FWD-IS

House cam
1 - Hikvision DarkFighter DS-2CD2085G1-I 8MP

Any help is appreciated!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just did this last week. 5 x Dahua cameras + 1 Hikvision PTZ. 3 buildings, 2 cameras in each building. Dahuas 4-port PoE switches in the 2 other buildings.

First 2 Dahuas were easy, just connected in the NVR which is in the house. Then there is Ubiquiti LiteAP LAP-120 5GHz in the house and 2 x Ubiquiti LOCO5AC 5GHz in cowhouse and tractor hall. Works perfect.

First I had all cameras connected in Dahuas subnet 10.1.1.x and LAP-120 LAN port was connected in one of Dahua NVRs camera port. With that Dahua NVR, it worked fine until the farmer switched off/on the NVR. After reboot, it somehow recognized
that PoE in the port where in LAP-120 was connected, is not right and switched off PoE from two cameras which were connected in ports 1 and 2. After LAP-120 ethernet cable was disconnected, PoE was working again and two cameras came back.
I then made a special ethernet cable where I had only 1-3 and 5 pins connected. This worked same way as "full" etheret cable, after power off/on again PoE went off. Then I decided to change the connection of LAP-120 in the router so I had also to change the IPs of 4 cameras in the other buildings.

So it seems that at least with Dahua when something else than camera is connected in the PoE ports, it can cause maybe PoE protection switching on?

Jer-Bear

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.

Did you first connect the remote camera wireless bridge to a switch that the NVR was connected to? I am wondering if the nvr would find the cameras with that setup?

So from what you said, the POE ports are all POE or all not POE based on whats connected to it?

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, in Dahua NVR4208-8P-4 it has 8 PoE ports for cameras and 1 port for LAN (non-PoE). So it has two subnets, default 10.1.1.x for PoE-switch and then for example 192.168.1.x for LAN.
Dahua can find the cameras in both subnets, I don't know how it is with Hikvision.