Hikvision DS-7716N-E4/16P - Alarm IN's no longer sending me emails

lowpro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a Hikvision DS-7716N-E4/16P NVR. I've had it for about 2 months now and it's been running fine since. I went with his model NVR because I have 2 outside Motion Detectors that I use and this NVR has alarm i/o.

This past Friday I noticed that I wasn't getting any emails sent to me when either of the Motion Detectors were tripped. I rebooted and they still didn't come back. I power cycled the power supplies feeding the motion detectors. I can send a test email from the NVR and I get that just fine. Everything looks fine in the settings.

My next step is to export the config file and then default the NVR. I'll then re-import the config file.

Just wondering if anyone else had run into the same issue.

Thanks!

lowpro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yep. Gmail.

I have a gmail account for just send and receiving nvr emails. Been using it for a few years now. I cleared everything out, never letting it get full. Test emails from the NVR are coming thru just fine.

lowpro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I backed up my config to a thumbdrive and defaulted the NVR. I then re-imported the config back onto NVR. Everything came back, minus all the correct info for some of the cameras. The network info was also lost. I didn't realized that I needed to backup the camera config separately. Had to add them back in manually.

Happy to report that the emails from the Alarm I/O are now flowing again!