Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP/16-4T channels 2-16 don't work

Reaction score
Hi, I'm connecting four WGCC UNIPC-3204WD-I POE cameras to a Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP/16-4T. Any of the four cameras work on Channel 1 but none of them work on Channels 2-16. I have configured all Channels the same but cameras will not become active on 2-16. I get errors like "The channel port is wrong" and something like "network problem" when the Status button is clicked. I added the cameras manually.

Passwords are strong. Lights blink on each POE port when a camera is connected. I can connect a computer to any of the POE ports and see the 254 subnet. I can log in to cameras on Channels 1-16 from the computer. It looks like POE and the 254 internal subnet works but only Channel 1 is seen by the Hikvision.

Any ideas? Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have configured all Channels the same
You have not stated how you've configured those channels.
Presumably as they are Uniview not Hikvision you have set the channels to manual and are using the Onvif protocol for the connection.
Or are you using an RTSP connection?

I had a couple of those models a while back which I played with and hacked and gave away.
From what I recall Onvif worked with no problems, the model specs suggest Onvif Profile S compliant.

Reaction score
After trying so many things and settings, reading multiple website pages, two owners manuals, eight youtube videos, built-in interface, web interface, iVMS-4200 interface, camera interfaces ...

I reset the 7716 to factory setting. Connected two cameras to POE jacks. Camera settings default showed video ports to all be 1 in the pop-up settings. When I first started, Channel 1 was video port 1, Channel 2 was video port 2, etc. Only Channel 1 worked. Now leaving each Channel set to video port 1 in pop-up settings windows, all of the cameras work on their respective channels.

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Make sure you are specifying port 80 when using onvif

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well done for figuring it out.
So, in summary, you'd set the channel numbers in the NVR camera configuration settings to an ascending value on the assumption that was how it should be, instead of leaving them at the default value of 1.
Channel numbers are used to select specific video streams from a device such as a video converter that provides multiple streams from a single source.