Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP/16 email

Thecrow1

n3wb
Reaction score
no matter how hard Ive been trying I cannot get my email notifications to work. Ive tried gmail, outlook etc to no avail, cannot even get it to work. Im trying to get this nvr setup so that when a car passes it snaps a picture and send me a image to my phone when i am at work. Any help is greatly appreciated. PS Ive turned on lesser security apps in gmail still nothing

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you know if the DNS name resolution is working OK?
If the time settings have a 'Test' button for a configuration that uses an internet time source by domain name this would be a confirmation.
If not - try the Google name servers 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4 and see if that changes anything.

Thecrow1

n3wb
Reaction score
I have those google servers active. Time is set correctly no test button via hik web. Id have to use a monitor to use the nvr directly but have in the past to no avail. There is some setting thats just tricky thats preventing me from receiving these emails.

zsoldo

n3wb
Reaction score
There is a problem with Google and safety reasons. It is a less known app for Google and there for forbit you to send email.
Check your app permision in your google account.

zedhal

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have the same issue here, I have even selected single step authentication in the email settings as well as allowed low security apps to authenticate with the email account.

To the point that google recognises that a low security device is attempting to log in and asked me to acknowledge it, which I did. But still the Hikvision fails to send test on click of a button, with an error message to check network settings.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Thanks.

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Go log into Google and go to "Security" and enable where it says "Allow Less Secure Apps".